We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Primula pulchra  (Read 4695 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Primula pulchra
« on: December 27, 2006, 02:40:27 PM »
Been trying to source a plant of Primula pulchra for some time without success. The RHS Plantfinder tells me it was last listed in 2005. Does anyone know of a UK based supplier please
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
Re: Primula pulchra
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 03:49:07 PM »
Hi, David, I am sure I have seen Primula pulchra for sale at some of the Scottish shows.
Have you tried the sites of Christies Alpines, or Kevock Gardens, for example? They would be a good bet.
Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

ichristie

• Former President
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 06:43:15 PM »
Hi, just to let you know that Primula pulchra is alive and well in Kirriemuir but we have not enough stock to list this very special plant at the moment, I hope we might be able to help you later in the New Year, cheers Ian the Christie kind
Ian ...the Christie kind...
from Kirriemuir

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 07:43:17 PM »
There, you see, the Bulb Despot is always telling me he's right!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 12:08:03 PM »
Maggi, being a male of the species this is his God given right of course. ???

Thanks to both Ians. It looks as though Scotland is going to be my best (only!) bet. I have checked the Kevock Web Site and Primula pulchra is listed but don't know what the stock position is. I hope to get up to Edinburgh in the Spring, and maybe to Kirriemuir as well, so will see what availability is like later. If I can save on the postage and packing costs I can buy more plants, can't I?

Given my maritime climate (my excuse for lack of skill!) I shall undoubtedly kill Primula pulchra but I do want to have a try.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal