We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cleveland Show  (Read 4462 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Cleveland Show
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 08:53:38 PM »
David, blowing up my photograph of Geoff's 'Mrs Dyas' it looks thrum eyed to me....there were several Primula experts there yesterday and I did not hear anyone question the validity of the plant exhibited, it looks like the Mrs Dyas that I grow that's as far as I can go, others may chip in a view.

You were the man at the Show George, I'll take your word for it.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2016, 10:21:11 PM »
Quite a selection of photos from Lawrence Peet   here : https://t.co/EQpHWc7OsI via
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

veteran vet

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 10:47:02 PM »
I have been sent a brief note by someone in the know on Primula 'Oberau which I will paste below
Primula Oberau is one of the German Lake series which includes Blindse and Koblense,...... to my shame I think I always spell Blindse Blindsee but will do no more.
Maggi you mention David Boyd, today I was looking at a plant of Hepatica 'Milstream Merlin' that he gave me quite a few years ago, still with his original label in the pot, as you say he is missed but the memory will linger a long time, it might make Hexham

Dionysia

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2016, 11:04:16 PM »
You were correct George, it is Blindsee. See is German for lake.
Paul
 in Chippenham

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2016, 11:22:08 PM »

Maggi you mention David Boyd, today I was looking at a plant of Hepatica 'Milstream Merlin' that he gave me quite a few years ago, still with his original label in the pot, as you say he is missed but the memory will linger a long time, it might make Hexham
Oh, that would be grand to take a plant from David to Hexham - most appropriate.   The dear man was generous to a fault and he kindly made a bequest to the SRGC- for which the Club is most grateful - such kindness was a mark of the man and we will always remember him and think fondly of him and of his beloved wife, Kim, who still loves his garden. 

Don Peace

• Don Peace website - includes Androsace Group Archive
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2016, 09:40:29 AM »
Definitely a thrum

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 01:07:25 PM »
Oh, that would be grand to take a plant from David to Hexham - most appropriate.   The dear man was generous to a fault and he kindly made a bequest to the SRGC- for which the Club is most grateful - such kindness was a mark of the man and we will always remember him and think fondly of him and of his beloved wife, Kim, who still loves his garden.

Maggi,  I'm hoping to take my Millstream Merlin, generously scooped out by David and given to me at the end of the Hexham Show where he had won an award for his huge plant of it,  a few years back, so his plant should be there Saturday. Yes, he is very sadly missed.....
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 01:31:19 PM »
Great to hear that, Christine -  David deserves to be fondly remembered - and of course, he is indeed! 

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal