We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Intergeneric hybrids  (Read 1835 times)

Anders

• InVitroOrchids
Intergeneric hybrids
« on: January 26, 2016, 07:30:20 PM »
Hi. I have been searching for these two beautiful intergeneric hybrids for years. Cephalopactis Astra is a cross between Cephalanthera rubra and Epipactis gigantea, and Cephalopactis Aurora is a cross between Cephalanthera rubra and Epipactis veratrifolia. Does anyone know where to buy them, or does anyone have them in the garden? They were registered by Lowland-Biotech, a Dutch company that went bankrupt in 2009. I copied the pictures from an old, cached version of the company's homepage (http://web.archive.org/web/20041015074728/http://www.florento.nl/html/nl_frame.html) where they write that the hybrids have little horticultural value  - I don't quite agree.

Anders

Anders

• InVitroOrchids
Re: Intergeneric hybrids
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 07:33:39 PM »
Sorry, wrong picture. Here comes the real aurora.

Neil

• Hardy Orchid Grower
    • The Hardy Orchid Society
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 08:21:06 PM »
They are pretty, especially the Cephalopactis Aurora.  Does anyone here have a Cephalanthera rubra that they would be willing to pollinate with pollen from a Epipicatis veratrifolia, and I will sow the resulting seeds and then we can all wait for a few years to see what is produced!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 08:25:03 PM by Neil »
Interested in Hardy Orchids then join The Hardy Orchid Society
Wanted Hardy Orchid Seed please pm me if you have some that you can spare
Sussex, England, UK Zone 9a

LarsB

• The Fearless One
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 03:27:05 PM »
Hi Anders,

It's certainly some beutiful plants. I'll keep an eye out for them. They would be nice to have in the garden.
Lars in Roedovre, Denmark.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal