We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Karel Lang Saxifrages  (Read 3435 times)

Lawrence

• Lawrence Peet Alpines  - pictures
Karel Lang Saxifrages
« on: November 26, 2015, 07:57:14 AM »
Have just been reading a past thread re Saxifrages from Karel Lang, Maggi said she had obtained some direct from the man himself and Chris B said she pre ordered from a list ! I am assuming this coincided with a visit to various gardens in the Czech Republic? However does he produce a list and does he do mail order ( if not I am going to early spring show in Prague)
Lawrence

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Karel Lang Saxifrages
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 02:50:45 PM »
I cannot say I know of a list made public - I think your best bet would be to contact Mr Lang directly -  probably you can contact him via  Facebook as you are also a member there.   https://www.facebook.com/karel.lang.31
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Diane Clement

• the people's Pepys
  • gone to seed
    • AGS Midland Garden Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 04:38:52 PM »
Maggi, I vaguely remember there might have been a list made available before the last International Czech conference in 2013 and then pre-ordered plants were available to collect at Jiri's.  Or I may be totally misremembering it   ::)   But either way, I don't think he does mail order.

I cannot say I know of a list made public - I think your best bet would be to contact Mr Lang directly -  probably you can contact him via  Facebook as you are also a member there.   https://www.facebook.com/karel.lang.31
Diane Clement, Wolverhampton, UK
Director, AGS Seed Exchange

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 05:32:19 PM »
Yes Diane, that is also my recollection re 2013.  I don't think  Karel Lang does mail order.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 10:51:31 AM »
Dr Lang's list, a very comprehensive and thrilling one, was sent to all those attending the Czech Conference in 2013 (or perhaps only to those who requested it), prior to the Conference, by Jiri Papoucek who most generously offered to visit the Lang nursery and collect the plants anyone wished to order. Certainly he did this and either gave the lists to Dr Lang for him to fill in time for the Conference or brought them to his own home with him, as at his (Jiri's) garden, not only the orders were there waiting for their new owners but Dr Lang himself, too. It was a privilege to meet him, though he had almost no English so that speaking with the doctor was difficult.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

adrian young

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 03:18:48 PM »
Karel Lang does not normally produce a for sale sax list, he relies mainly on visitors to his
nursery near Beroun and does not do mail order.
Karel is not a Doctor, I have never heard of him being referred to in this way.
Everyone with an interest in Saxifraga should visit his small nursery at least once,
he grows saxes to perfection.
He has some new ones:
Adrian Young ~ Waterperry
home of the Rock Diamonds

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal