We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Podophyllum 2015  (Read 4603 times)

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
Re: Podophyllum 2015
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 01:11:36 AM »
Brian  - We see that phenomenon happen more & more the longer we observe these plants.  It's now rather common with difforme, delavayi and delavayi x versipelle.  Sometimes on pleianthum and versipelle itself.  Sure beats dying which is always a worry when the first set of leaves go down.  Wonder if dry stretches start the process.

john
John in coastal Nova Scotia

Parsla

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 02:09:00 AM »
May I weigh in on this topic?

I have attached photos of what I believe to be Podophyllum versipelle, growing under an english oak. The first was taken a few days ago - a new leaf pushing through for spring. The second was taken last october - stunning claret blooms. Mine came from Lynn McGough in NSW Australia.

The pink-leafs on Susan's photograph are beautiful - serious envy at this end.

Jacqui.

melager

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 07:22:15 PM »
Another batch of seedlings - Podophyllum delavayi x versipelle - and these are quite different than delavayi x pleianthum. The nice thing is we are getting seedlings that emerge later which might be useful to those prone to devastating late frosts.  Also have red-leafed delavayis that emerge late.

johnw

They look great John I must try doing some crosses myself

Mel

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 11:14:22 PM »
Jacqui - I think the experts will need to see the petals when the flower is fully open.

john
John in coastal Nova Scotia

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal