We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC 2015-2016 Seed Exchange No. 69  (Read 19109 times)

Susan Band

• Pitcairn Alpines
Re: SRGC 2015-2016 Seed Exchange No. 69
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2015, 03:05:19 PM »
Maggi. I alway wonder what happens to the seed I drop through the floor boards. Maybe one day I will have a tree growing in the dinning room. Certainly would if I ever sort Budlea seed.
Susan Band, Pitcairn Alpines, ,PERTH. Scotland

Susan's website:
http://www.pitcairnalpines.co.uk

Tasmanian Taffy

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2015, 08:59:38 PM »
After a small delay in not noticing the upper and lower case in the seed ex password I too found it very easy to order and very user friendly.
Thanks to all those involved in the team for making this all possible.
Best wishes to all, John.

Robert

• All text and photos © Robert Barnard
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2015, 10:02:47 PM »
The seed exchange is great and I have much gratitude for it.  :)

I am glad that the online system is easy for folks to use.

Unfortunately, I can get nowhere with the system. Everything I do, just to get started, is invalid!

This does not surprise me at all, I generally do much better with a human than a machine. I will mail in my seed request. Maybe there is another way to pay online without using the seed exchange system? I find renewing and paying for my membership online to be very easy.

My preference would have been to use the online ordering system. I understand that this make the process easier for those doing the seed exchange. Maybe someday computers will be something I understand, but do not hold your breath, I have many other things that I like to do, than try to understand computers.
Robert Barnard
Sacramento & Placerville, Northern California, U.S.A.
All text and photos © Robert Barnard

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him stepto the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
- Henry David Thoreau

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2015, 10:32:12 AM »
Robert

the most likely reason for your 'invalid' error at the payment stage is that you have entered the state name in full the USA system/authority requires that only the two letter code for the state - use that and you should be good.

Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

Robert

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2015, 03:21:15 PM »
Ian,

Thank you for the help!

Unfortunately, I can not even get into the online seed exchange system. I suspect that what is invalid is my email address. In the past year my email address has changed. I thought that it had been undated, however maybe the old one is still hanging around somewhere. When I try to retrieve my password (I forgot) the system says that my email is invalid. I have tried to re-register too with the same invalid response.

For me this is frustrating as I can not be proactive and solve the problem myself. I do not know what is wanted by the computer system or maybe I could never fix the situation. I just do not know. Maybe I will try some more. I feel like a hacker!  :P
Robert Barnard

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him stepto the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
- Henry David Thoreau

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »
Robert - there is no call for you to use your email  address to make  access the seed system. I will message you!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:57:21 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Robert

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2015, 04:49:20 PM »
Maggi,

God Bless You!  :)

It turns out that there was a password problem. Once that was solved I easily got into the seed exchange system. I ended up placing my seed request online. This was extremely easy. Payment was easy too.

Once I was able to access the system it worked perfectly and was extremely easy to use!  :)  The person that worked out the system did a great job as it was easy for me to use even though I am easily frustrated by computers.

A job well done by everyone! Clearly I am very pleased!  :)
Robert Barnard

- Henry David Thoreau

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2015, 04:55:29 PM »
And I am equally delighted that you have been able to make your seed request Robert!  :) :) :) :-*

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2015, 05:05:21 PM »
It may be worth  posting a  "quick guide" to the Seed Exchange , in case it might help folks

The main Seed Exchange page on the website- http://www.srgc.net/site/index.php/extensions/seed-exchange give some information then leads you to the next step .....

From this page link   -  http://www.seedexchange.org.uk/index.php?page=ordering&func=order   -   enter the website password  to  begin registration .....  (  the password  is in the paper seedlist  which should have arrived with most members now- if not see here http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=12685.0   to find the Secretary's Pages. Online s e-subscription members  can find in on their profile page ) ......   that will take you to a new page, where you will be asked  to fill in ALL your address details paying attention to follow the  requirements ( - especially only entering CO not  Colorado, for USA members, for instance), then you  click the "Register" button at the end of the page  and  click the link in the activation email that will be sent to you (this confirms that you have entered the correct email address)
Bear in mind that we warn that the use of certain email addresses will not deliver the activation email. (The activation emails are sent immediately by our system but, of course, we have no control over how long they take to get to you! Most do arrive in moments but we have heard of some taking  half an hour or so to arrive.)

Then you will go back to this page  http://www.seedexchange.org.uk/index.php?page=ordering&func=order where you will then Log In  with your membership number   and the personal password you will  choose when registering to make your seed request.

ONLY pay via the   first "Pay" link if you are paying for an order sent by post.
If you order online you will only pay when you have fully completed your request, including Surplus Seed - the system will calculate your cost and when you have paid the system will send your  requested list through to the Seed Team .

Jan Jeddeloh

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2015, 11:35:52 PM »
Ack! Unfortunately I'm going to be one of those people who have to bug Maggie for help in getting into the system. 

I can't seem to register.  Last night I didn't have my member number.  This was kindly and quickly sent to me from Neil.  Today when I try to register I get the following response  "The memberhsip number or family name you provided is invalid or you may already be registered."  If I'm already registered I have no idea how it happened. My family name certainly hasn't changed.  I did have an address change from last year, however.  My email address is a gmail one so that shouldn't be the problem.  I have thoroughly read the instructions. 

So great and powerful Maggie could you somehow fix it so I can do my order online?  I do at least have the paper seed list for consolation.  I'll eat a few more Walker's Shortbreads to help the Scottish economy while I wait.

ETA:  I've checked my spam folder too.

Thank you,
Jan Jeddeloh

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 11:47:38 PM by Jan Jeddeloh »
Jan Jeddeloh, Portland, Oregon, USA zone 8

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2015, 11:50:03 PM »
Ack! Unfortunately I'm going to be one of those people who have to bug Maggie for help in getting into the system. 

I can't seem to register.  Last night I didn't have my member number.  This was kindly and quickly sent to me from Neil.  Today when I try to register I get the following response  "The memberhsip number or family name you provided is invalid or you may already be registered."  If I'm already registered I have no idea how it happened. My family name certainly hasn't changed.  I did have an address change from last year, however.  My email address is a gmail one so that shouldn't be the problem.  I have thoroughly read the instructions. 

So great and powerful Maggie could you somehow fix it so I can do my order online?  I do at least have the paper seed list for consolation.  I'll eat a few more Walker's Shortbreads to help the Scottish economy while I wait.

ETA:  I've checked my spam folder too.

Thank you,
Jan Jeddeloh

I'll email /message you, Jan .

Marie

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2015, 12:35:59 PM »
I must confess that I shall probably never learn to love the electronic seed exchange system, but the seedlist is awesome and the people behind the whole show are incredible - including Maggie.
Marie Christensen
Denmark

Matt T

• Nuts about Narcissus
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2015, 10:58:18 PM »
Ditto! Frames at capacity but already highlighted dozens (a hundred plus, even) in the SRGC list. Must... not... log.. on...

Well I placed an order after all, and I managed to stick to my basic allocation with no surplus! Some interesting seed donations this year. The system was a breeze, so thanks again to the web team as well as all the seed donors.
Matt Topsfield
Isle of Benbecula, Western Isles where it is mild, windy and wet! Zone 9b

"There is no mistake too dumb for us to make"

Roma

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2015, 12:06:59 PM »
Oh Matt ;D I am still holding out.
Roma Fiddes, near Aberdeen in north East Scotland.

Matt T

• Nuts about Narcissus
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2015, 12:09:19 PM »
Oh Matt ;D I am still holding out.

You have until 15 Jan to place your order, Roma. That's a long time to hold your nerve!  ;D
Matt Topsfield
Isle of Benbecula, Western Isles where it is mild, windy and wet! Zone 9b

"There is no mistake too dumb for us to make"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal