General Subjects > Wisley Alpine Log – Feedback Forum

Farewell Sunny the Cat

<< < (2/2)

Maggi Young:
My, what a really lovely memory  of the Wisley Cats!  Thank you so much!

Paul Cumbleton:
Thank you so much for sharing this - not only are these lovely memories to remind me of Tommy & Sunny, but you have filled in quite a bit of the history that I didn't know. Arthur was before my time at Wisley but I had heard a few tales about him from Gill Skilton.

You mentioned weasels and I remember one morning coming into the potting shed to find Sunny with a dead weasel in her mouth. That must have been an interesting fight, pity I missed all but the outcome. Sunny had a favourite spot in the Alpine house that, like Arthur of old, also produced a plant with a permanent indentation - in this case a Raoulia. She also had a love of Teucrium subspinosum, to which she reacted as if it were catnip, going into an ecstasy. My own cat at home reacted the same way to this plant.

Anyway, happy memories, thank you so much!!!

Paul

Naoto The Zombie:
R.I.P.....I wish I could have met her Sunny in person.  :'(

astragalus:
I met Sunny, although I didn't know her name, during a visit to Wisley on the pre-Nottingham Tour.  She was sunning herself on a raised bed outside the glass-covered tufa garden.  She was so sleek and well cared for and so at home in her surroundings that I had to take some pictures.  I hope Chloe has some comfort from how much Sunny seemed to enjoy her long life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version