We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Beechgrove meets the SRGC  (Read 1589 times)

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
Beechgrove meets the SRGC
« on: May 03, 2015, 06:50:43 PM »
I got a nod from Gill Clarkson yesterday at Milngavie that the Beechgrove Garden programme had restarted and that the first in the series showed some familiar faces.

Brian and I have just watched it on the BBCiplayer, what a terrrific advertisement for the SRGC.  We were pleased to see many friends and would have chaffed them about their TV status had we known before.  Everyone came over very well, just what small friendly societies need.  Well done to all concerned. :) :) :)
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Beechgrove meets the SRGC
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 07:05:35 PM »
Photos  from filming are in the Stirling Show thread, Shelagh -

The report on the Show was shown on the first Beechgrove TV show of the new season on Thursday 2nd April - those in the UK can find it on the i-player , or see it on Sunday morning 5th April at 07.35am

"George visits the Scottish Rock Garden Club’s show in Kincardine. Who has grown the best bulbs, perfect primula or the iconic iris and how?"

This link is  to the Factsheet for the programme which tells a bit about  George Anderson's report from the show.  8)

For the factsheeet  http://www.thebeechgrovegarden.com/module_uploads/2/Factsheet%202015%20-%20prog%201.pdf
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

David Shaw

• SRGC Publications Manager
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 04:34:43 PM »
It would seem that tonight, or maybe tomorrow, is the last night for viewing on iplayer!
David Shaw, Forres, Moray, Scotland

David Shaw

• SRGC Publications Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 08:15:18 PM »
Thank you, Shelagh, That was a good report.
David Shaw, Forres, Moray, Scotland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal