We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Northumberland (Hexham) AGS/SRGC show Saturday 28th March  (Read 10585 times)

Giles

• Prince of Primula
Re: Northumberland (Hexham) AGS/SRGC show Saturday 28th March
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2015, 04:32:59 PM »
Thanks especially, George, for the photographs of Primula odontocalyx...  ..as I've never seen one before..  ..it has made my day   :)

ichristie

• Former President
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2015, 05:17:48 PM »
Hello, a little more information about Primula adontocalyx the white form.  Both plants were presented to Joint Rock quite a long discussion took place with John Richards going into great detail however as I grow this new plant in the garden and find it very different to the pink one, first is totally dormant in the winter only small nodules evident while the pink form stay evergreen . seems to enjoy the cold, also the white form is stoloniferous small neat leaves flowers are usually single occasionally two flower per stem really bright white just now. The plants were shown by Cyril Lafong. The plant was awarded a P.C and it was suggested that this may be a new species.  cheers Ian the Christie kind
Ian ...the Christie kind...
from Kirriemuir

veteran vet

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2015, 06:17:01 PM »
This probably should not be on the show site but Maggi I did download the installer from the SRGC site and tried it out on a few pictures, they seemed larger than what I had posted earlier although the image size in megs was even less than I had posted. I have tried redoing all my pictures reducing the image size and even at 450 some are over 200 megs....I will try the SRGC tool this weekend after the Cleveland show and see how I get on then....can't really be worse

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal