We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Edinburgh Group loses a great member  (Read 285 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Edinburgh Group loses a great member
« on: February 24, 2023, 01:01:33 PM »
Mike Hicks, well known to members of the Edinburgh and the Lothians group, and a keen exhibitor (and winner of the Rutland Salver for most points in Section II at SRGC shows in 2010) and helper at many SRGC events has passed away.

"With a heavy heart I must share the sad news of the passing of Mike Hicks last Tuesday. Mike has been our stalwart Secretary for many years, past Group Treasurer, willing volunteer for whatever needed done at our annual Show and was largely responsible for organising the successful Discussion Weekends at Innerleithen. He also volunteered with us in Alpines at RBGE for over a decade, rarely missing a day and as with everything he did, it was always with kindness, compassion and a ready smile. His loss will be deeply felt by friends and family for a long time.
The funeral has been arranged for Monday 6th March at 1430hrs at Mortonhall Crematorium and his family would like to invite anyone who would like to attend. In lieu of flowers the family requests donations can be made on the day to their nominated cancer charity. If you would like to attend could I ask you to let myself or John Mitchell know this week so we can let the family know roughly how many to expect from RBGE and E&LRGG.

Best Wishes,
Scott Cook

Mike Hicks receiving a prize at an Edinburgh Show in 2009

The loss of such a devoted SRGC member is a sad loss for the Club.
We send our sincere condolences to all Mike's family and friends. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 01:06:35 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal