We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cyclamen graecum - white form  (Read 1578 times)

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
Cyclamen graecum - white form
« on: February 01, 2008, 09:05:16 AM »
Howdy All,

I've just collected some seed from my white Cyclamen graecum as I was repotting.  There were no other graecums nearby so the seeds should all be self-pollinated.  These plants originally came as seed from the US, and of around 15 or 20 seedlings only a single one wasn't pure white..... so chances are pretty good that seedlings should be white flowered.  There were significant differences in leaf markings, but these seeds are from the best leaf form and most robust growing seedling.  A picture of the parent, showing flower and leaves, is below.  I am positive I have taken other photos of this plant (it is spectacular when in full flower as it is produces 4o or 50 flowers surrounded by a perfect circle of foliage) but for the life of me I can't find any.  Weird!!

I am happy to send seed to those who are interest, but restrict this offer to those people who post in the forums (Thanks to all who take the time to post and share their knowledge.  We'd be nothing without you!!).  Preference for this seed will be given to people I have traded with or am in the process of trading with.  Please contact me via email or a PM through this site, or as a response to this posting.
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal