We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: meconopsis wanted  (Read 7873 times)

Susan Band

• Pitcairn Alpines
Re: meconopsis wanted
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 07:11:51 AM »
Ian,
You could probabaly get them at the Explorers garden in Pitlochry.They are difficult to get to a saleable size and keep them looking good, thats why they don't come cheap. Once you get a flowering size plant the best way to increase them is to scatter the seed directly into the ground, they prefer growing where they choose not where you want them.
Explorers Garden is free to SRGC members this Sunday and Julia also has her own garden open.
Susan
Susan Band, Pitcairn Alpines, ,PERTH. Scotland

Susan's website:
http://www.pitcairnalpines.co.uk

Ian Minty

Re: meconopsis wanted
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 12:38:10 PM »
Thanks for that Susan, unfortunately I am offshore for the next 4 weeks.

I used to get them quite regularly in Aberdeenshire in small pots in local garden centres, I just don't see them any more.

I like buying them as small plants so that I can see the crown devlop and because the are cheap.
I used to buy a few every year so that I had a succession of flowers every year.

PS is anyone from the Aberdeen or Moray club going to Gardening Scotland?

I was looking for someone to buy some plants for me and I will pick them up and pay for them when I get home.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal