We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Snowdrop Gardens visited during 2008  (Read 47437 times)

Gerard Oud

• nothing beats snowdrops!
    • Sneeuwklokjeshof Bucaneve
Re: Snowdrop Gardens visited during 2008
« Reply #195 on: February 25, 2008, 08:46:39 PM »
Here are a few picture's from my garden today.
nivalis Deerslot?
nivalis White dream
the cheering snowdrop getting bigger

Gerard Oud

• nothing beats snowdrops!
    • Sneeuwklokjeshof Bucaneve
« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2008, 09:22:10 PM »
Here is another nice drop from a colleage from me and some late Elwesii, i took the photo today.
The small one was found in Russia.

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2008, 09:42:59 PM »
Mark,

I must say I adore those snowdrops with long elegant outer segments and found G. 'Madalaine' with its yellow markings so beautiful. You also had other similarly long outer petalled snowdrops which are simply beautiful. In the first post, picture one - 'selection' - seems to have particularly pointed outer segments, nice.

Nice set of photographs.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2008, 06:38:20 PM »
Paddy there will be more later this evening I hope.
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

KentGardener

• SRGC OOAgent
  • Every day's a school day
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2009, 01:47:53 PM »
I am seriously considering spending a long weekend up in Maggi's neck of the woods in early 2009.  Not yet sure if me and the driver could cope with the cooler temperatures up there, being the soft Southerners that we are.

John

Just reading some of the old posts - and enjoying reading the goings on from 2008 - it was a good year for Galanthus viewing that year (unlike the abysmal weather that caused many of the 2009 events to be postponed  :( ).

Reading the above quoted post - I have realised that I am eventually carrying out my threat to invade Scotland - a year late  ::) - but February 2010 I shall be there.   8)

Maybe in February 2011 Ireland, Germany or Holland had better prepare for a KentGardener invasion.   ;)

Best wishes

John
John

John passed away in 2017 - his posts remain here in tribute to his friendship and contribution to the forum.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2009, 08:24:43 PM »
I am seriously considering spending a long weekend up in Maggi's neck of the woods in early 2009.  Not yet sure if me and the driver could cope with the cooler temperatures up there, being the soft Southerners that we are.

John

Just reading some of the old posts - and enjoying reading the goings on from 2008 - it was a good year for Galanthus viewing that year (unlike the abysmal weather that caused many of the 2009 events to be postponed  :( ).

Reading the above quoted post - I have realised that I am eventually carrying out my threat to invade Scotland - a year late  ::) - but February 2010 I shall be there.   8)

Maybe in February 2011 Ireland, Germany or Holland had better prepare for a KentGardener invasion.   ;)

Best wishes

John
Well, why not, but you've got to survive a weekend with us, first! Hope you are already taking the extra vitamins to give you the strength!! As well as Dunblane Day, there will be the Brechin Castle visit, too...... 8)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

galanthophile

• Webshots album
« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2009, 04:43:06 PM »
Sorry haven't been back here in a while. Yes do go to Howick Hall any time of year - the woodland garden is stunning in spring at camellia time and autumn is also fabulous.
Gal-Ann-thophile! from Newcastle in North East England

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal