We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Podophyllum pleianthum  (Read 1034 times)

wimvu

Podophyllum pleianthum
« on: July 21, 2014, 03:25:23 PM »
Dear Forum member,

I am highly interested in seeds of Podophyllum pleianthum. I would like to grow the plants in my garden. I did my PhD on the production of lignans (anti-tumor agents) by Podophyllum plant cell cultures. Is there anybody who can miss some seeds of this beautiful plant!? Of course I would like to pay for it.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Podophyllum pleianthum
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 03:30:28 PM »
Hello Wim, welcome to the Forum.

Have you contacted Green Mile Nursery?  http://www.greenmilenursery.be/   -they may be the most likely to be able to help you.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

wimvu

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 07:28:53 PM »
Hi Maggi,

Thank you for your fast reply. I will ask them! However, now I see NA behind most of the seeds meaning Not Available. Pity! Anyhow I've contacted them. Maybe I can buy plants in stead of seeds.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:42:49 PM by wimvu »

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 08:00:36 PM »
wimvu - The NA means the pleianthum seeds are not available YET.  Place your order with Robin at Green Mile immediately and he will tell you when the seeds have been cleaned and are ready to ship.  Usually in late August or September they ship the seeds and you pay before shipping.  You may be able to order plants instead right now if that is of interest to you. 

johnw
John in coastal Nova Scotia

Gene Mirro

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 02:21:23 AM »
I have many seeds, but I can't guarantee that they will germinate.  If you are interested, PM me.
Gene Mirro from the magnificent state of Washington

wimvu

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 07:24:44 AM »
Thank you all for the fast reply. I have contacted Greenmile Nursery and rhizomes are available later this year. Thank you so much!!

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal