We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Avon Bulbs  (Read 2760 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Avon Bulbs
« on: January 15, 2008, 12:06:40 PM »
Avon Bulbs web site seems to have disappeared. I suppose it could be down for maintenance, does anyone know anything?
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Martin Baxendale

• Quick on the Draw
  • faster than a speeding...... snowdrop
Re: Avon Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 12:17:48 PM »
Avon Bulbs web site seems to have disappeared. I suppose it could be down for maintenance, does anyone know anything?

It could be down for maintenance. I tried three times to order online earlier in the month when their new catalogue came out, and the site kept crashing halfway through ordering. I finally managed it after a couple of days.

Try again later today or tomorrow. You'll probably find it comes back online.
Martin Baxendale, Gloucestershire, UK.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 01:44:20 PM »
Thanks Martin, will do.

Another one that seems to be missing is Bertrams Blooms who had some nice different stuff. I put a Link through to Maggi on this one last year.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:46:18 PM by David Nicholson »
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

derekb

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 06:55:40 PM »
David,
        I am afraid you can blame me for Bertrams Blooms closing I had trouble with him earlier and had to take action through Pay Pal I got my order in the end and then Ebay stopped him, if you look at his feedback you will see that I was lucky some people never got plants or money back.
This used to be a good nursery but has had 3 owners since I have been trading with them, it looks as if it will soon be 4.
Derek
Sunny Mid Sussex

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 07:06:26 PM »
David,
        I am afraid you can blame me for Bertrams Blooms closing I had trouble with him earlier and had to take action through Pay Pal I got my order in the end and then Ebay stopped him, if you look at his feedback you will see that I was lucky some people never got plants or money back.
This used to be a good nursery but has had 3 owners since I have been trading with them, it looks as if it will soon be 4.
Derek

Thanks for that Derek. I used him only once through his Web Site and had no problem. But if that is the way he operates then good riddance to him.

Maggi, would you remove the Link please.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 07:47:52 PM »
Maggi, would you remove the Link please.
I have just done that, David.  Shame when folks aren't playing the game by the rules, isn't it?
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal