We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Permission to use pictures  (Read 3117 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Permission to use pictures
« on: January 14, 2008, 02:37:34 AM »
I am going to the NZAGS Study Weekend in about 10 days and am taking some plants to sell, with me. They will either be in bloom or I have reasonable pictures of my own, to acompany those which won't be in flower.

Therefore, I'd like to ask Forum members if they have pictures of the following plants, and if so could I have their permission to use them. It will be a one-off commercial opportunity, about 6 plants offered for sale, in each case. I would acknowledge the owner of the picture, of course. If you give your permission, could you email the pictures to me please.

Silene hookeri  Ingramii Group
Clematis fusca dwarf form
Campanula bellidifolia
Aquilegia scopulorum
Pulsatilla alpina ssp apiifolia
Soldanella alpina alba
Meconopsis `Lingholm'
Veratrum album
Vertarum nigrum

Thank you very much

Lesley
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 02:40:20 AM by Lesley Cox »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Gene Mirro

Re: Permission to use pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 04:41:50 AM »
Gene Mirro from the magnificent state of Washington

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 09:17:48 AM »
Thank you Gene, and to the others who've sent me pics, with permission to use them. What a wonderful and generous place the Forum is! Now, the only one I need is the one I forgot to add to the above list, Iris unguicularis `Starker's Pink.' It's maddening because I know I have an old coloured photo somewhere, from about 30 years ago, but darned if I can find it.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 05:35:51 PM »
I am going to the NZAGS Study Weekend in about 10 days and am taking some plants to sell, with me. They will either be in bloom or I have reasonable pictures of my own, to acompany those which won't be in flower.

Therefore, I'd like to ask Forum members if they have pictures of the following plants, and if so could I have their permission to use them. It will be a one-off commercial opportunity, about 6 plants offered for sale, in each case. I would acknowledge the owner of the picture, of course. If you give your permission, could you email the pictures to me please.

Silene hookeri  Ingramii Group
Clematis fusca dwarf form
Campanula bellidifolia
Aquilegia scopulorum
Pulsatilla alpina ssp apiifolia
Soldanella alpina alba
Meconopsis `Lingholm'
Veratrum album
Vertarum nigrum

Thank you very much

Lesley

Lesley, do you already have a pict. of Veratrum nigrum?
I found one (ca. 230 kb), which is growing in my garden. If you still van use it i'll send it to you.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 09:02:59 PM by Lvandelft »
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 02:44:57 AM »
Thanks you Luit, and everyone else who has generously sent me their pictures. The entire list has been covered and I think the pictures will look much better than the plants ;D

Anyone reading this thread will be pleased to hear that Ian has landed safely in NZ and has this morning visited the Otago Peninsula albatross colony. Later today he goes with Dave, David and another gent called John Fitzgerald, to the mountains of Southland, Mt Bee, Mt Burns and perhaps elsewhere.

The weather's perfect (for the moment), with long, balmy evenings so Ian and the other lads should have a great time. I hope they take plenty to eat including a decent cake, because they won't be back until Wednesday.

dominique

• River Dweller
  • passionated by bulbs since 1978,
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 10:07:31 PM »
Thank you Lesley for giving us news of Ian and his trip in your country. We are with him by mind and with Maggi too who is at home perhaps in the fog !!!
do

Pontoux France

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 01:00:50 AM »
Dominique I think Maggi has retired to her kitchen to cook up some consolation and won't surface again until her BD returns to her.

I must also thank Ewelina in Poland, who this morning send me a superb picture of Soldanella alpina alba. I did reply Ewelina to thank you but for some reason the email has been returned as not deliverable. Your pic is must better than the one I was going to use and I'm very appreciative.

Many thanks,

Lesley

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 01:02:18 AM »
As for Jamie Oliver, the idiot was picking nasturtiums on a programme in the series we were watching recently, and calling them MARIGOLDS!

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 06:37:53 AM »
Lesley,
I'm looking forward to seeing your display at the Study weekend!
cheers
fermi
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 11:21:00 AM by Maggi Young »
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 07:59:49 PM »
A pity you won't be buying Fermi. ;D

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal