We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Arnside Knot Cumbria  (Read 714 times)

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
Arnside Knot Cumbria
« on: June 02, 2014, 04:56:06 PM »
It was such a lovely day yesterday that Brian and I decided to vist our favourite place the Meadow on Arside Knot. We usually vist earlier in the year to see it covered with Cowslips but had som much rain earlier in the year we missed them. Still there was plenty to see. I found just one Ajuga, some wild Strawberries, a tiny Crepis and the wonderful Meadow Sweet.  I also thought I'd try my hand at a 'Booker Shot' Full length on a damp meadow.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
Re: Arnside Knot Cumbria
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 04:59:02 PM »
There was also the tiny Galium and most of the ant hills were covered with Germander Speedwell. There were Helianthemums and under a bramble patch I found the last Cowslip and the Lesser Burnet.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:03:09 PM »
The view from the meadow across Morecambe Bay was a little hazy yesterday.  There were plenty of orchids, now you know how hopeless I am at telling them apart so they are all labelled D.

On previous visits we have found a single Twayblade and I searched high and lo for it.  Gave up and just as we headed off the meadow there it was right in front of me.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 05:50:13 PM »
......................I also thought I'd try my hand at a 'Booker Shot' Full length on a damp meadow.

Looks a lovely place Shelagh, well worth a visit.

He's used to being full length on a damp meadow probably effects of the grain or the hop ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 10:24:18 AM »
After a morning on the Knot we walked down into Arside and heard the siren warning of the bore but it didn't arrive whilst we were there.  Walking along the front we found all theses in the limestone wall.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 10:37:11 AM »
After sparkling wine and strawberries with our friends Eddie and Vi in Arnside we headed home.  Eddie recommended we look at a small grass verge in Sandside.  It was well trodden but very carefully and we found these beauties.  I have had the temerity to name some of them in the sure knowledge that my attempts with Keble Martin are feeble but forumists will put me right.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal