We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Spare bulbs  (Read 1302 times)

Alex

• Oxford, U.K.
Spare bulbs
« on: September 30, 2013, 10:43:50 PM »
I have been repotting and have a number of spares that I can't really accommodate here. Rather than dispose of them, I think I should package them all up together and give them away....so who would like this package, to include:

- a lot of sub-FS Crocus mathewi, nice form
- a lot of FS and sub-FS Narcissus cantabricus petunioides (well, circulating under this name, not sure how valid but they look right)
- a FS Fritillaria poluninii, but in all honesty a rather small-flowered form
- some Iris vartanii, most FS

Not really seeking anything in return, although if you have a nice Frit. or Iris to share, that would be wonderful. Either way, it must go soon!

Alex

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
Re: Spare bulbs
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 03:43:49 AM »
Sigh!
Really wish I could accept some all of these, Alex,
especially the iris!But Customs and Quarantine would have me locked up if they turned up here! :'(
Nevermind, I hope you find good homes for them all,
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Pauli

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 05:39:48 PM »
If nobody offers them a home, we in Austria are well known for our hospitality and I would be pleased to give them room to grow - although I am not sure, whether the Iris can be grown outdoors here!
Herbert,
in Linz, Austria

pontus

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 10:35:59 PM »
Hello Alex,

I am also limited for space, but if you can spare just a few of your iris and crocus mathewii, I could send you some iris paradoxa or iris tectorum in return.

I will also take a look at my frits to see if they are ok, or too small to send. I have camachstensis, a nice japenese taller form if you are interested.

Pontus

alpinefairy

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 06:56:44 PM »
Hi, I would dearly like to take tham off your hands, but I don't really have anything to give back. I'm quite a new alpine gardener, and nothing has 'bulked' up enough yet.(except me)
I'm waiting patiently (not) for my new bulbs to flower - though I still have a while to wait I guess. I would be more than happy to pay for postage.
Shirl

Alex

• Oxford, U.K.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 10:00:44 PM »
Hi all,

The bulbs went rather quickly and I now have 2 parcels to send, so sorry but there are no more. Thanks for all the replies in any case.

Cheers,

Alex

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal