We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cloudberry seeds  (Read 4705 times)

xenil

Cloudberry seeds
« on: August 26, 2013, 06:11:43 AM »
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to the forum. My name is Krisztian. I live in Hungary, I collect plants, nowadays. I was very interested in cloudberries. Here the climate is good to grow them. I realy want some seeds, or plants, but i havent found yet. I now here are some Norwegian, and Finnish, and Swedish.
I hope somebody can help me to, get plants, or some seeds.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Cloudberry seeds
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »
Hello Krisztian, welcome to the Forum. I'm sure you'll find much to interest you among the many topics discussed here.

A year or so ago there was some discussion about cloudberries (Rubus chamaemorus) and I'm sure I remember a couple of people saying they had seed or could get it from local populations. We have several Forumists in Scandinavia so if they are reading this, I expect you'll get a favourable response.

I had a male plant some years ago though not now. Even if I'd had a female to go with it, I doubt if our New Zealand winters are cold enough for it to set fruit. But the prostrate plant itself is very nice. Good luck, with your search. :)
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

GordonT

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 12:36:52 AM »
Hello Krisztian, and Lesley.

I know that Kristl Walek has Cloudberry seeds available. You can find them here:

http://www.gardensnorth.com/site/

They are listed in her catalog in the "Wild Berries" section.

Cheers,
Gordon
Southwestern Nova Scotia,
Zone 6B or above , depending on the year.

Jonny_SE

• Some pics of my garden etc.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »
Reminde me in May and i might fix you plants...Jonny
Before I speak, I have something important to say "Groucho Marx"

https://www.facebook.com/jonny.andresen.9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal