We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Buy Bulbs  (Read 1007 times)

tozi

• webdesigner
Buy Bulbs
« on: July 26, 2013, 01:23:08 PM »
Is there anyone who should be on sale. E.g. Lachenalia, Bulbinela, Massonia, Eucomis etc.?

Thanks.
Hardy zone 5/6

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
Re: Buy Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 06:20:43 PM »
I'd be cheap at twice the price but with regard to bulbs, I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you looking for a nursery that sells these bulbs? 
Almost in Scotland.

tozi

• webdesigner
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 08:04:37 PM »
I'd be cheap at twice the price but with regard to bulbs, I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you looking for a nursery that sells these bulbs?

I am looking for someone here on the forum who sells these bulbs.  :) Or the seller with normal prices and postage. I want to start a small collection.  ;)
Hardy zone 5/6

François Lambert

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 12:51:25 PM »
Tozy,

I could send you Some Eucomis bulbs.  I have E. Comosa (in 2 slightly differing flower colours), E. Bicolor & E. Pallidiflora ssp Pole-Evansii.  But they are in full growth right now, we better wait untill they are dormant.  The best results with transplanting these bulbs is to wait until end of March, replant them immediately and - if grown in pots - place the pots outside in full sun.  E. Comosa & E. Bicolor can take some frost, not sure if E. Pallidiflora can take frost.  For pics of my bulbs just look in the thread on South African bulbs of this year.  Just send me a PM if you are interrested.

Kind regards,

François
Bulboholic, but with moderation.

François Lambert

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 12:56:42 PM »
Tozy,

Just had a thought when looking at the species you list ... except for Eucomis they all are winter growing / summer dormant bulbs.
Bulboholic, but with moderation.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal