We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Arisaema ident  (Read 502 times)

Stephen Vella

Arisaema ident
« on: May 13, 2013, 12:20:43 AM »
Hello,

Hope somebody may be able to identify this Arisaema. Came to me as sazansoo but the leaves dont match as they are more dissected, this ones looks trifoliate.

I think it maybe backii but i dont have a pick to conform.  Does anyone have a pick of one or both to compare or is it something else?

cheers
Stephen
Stephen Vella, Blue Mountains, Australia,zone 8.

Ezeiza

Re: Arisaema ident
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 02:17:44 AM »
Looks like a very fine form of sikokianum.
Alberto Castillo, in south America, near buenos Aires, Argentina.

Botanica

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 07:29:22 PM »

[Wrongly listed in some books as a synonym of A. sikokianum, this blooms 3 weeks later here. The spadix is not bulbous, and the purple spathe hood droops way down over the tube. Name is from "zazen", Japanese Buddhist meditation, as the flower recalls a bowed monk meditating. Hard to find. Good garden plant. Mid-spring. Rhymes with "ma can sew".]

>> From >> http://www.shikoku-garden.com/lists/Arisaema%20list06.htm

Stephen Vella

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 05:30:25 AM »
thanks Botanica..

Im thinking its A sazansoo as I look into it more, trying to compare it with pictures and discriptions but the spathe tends to stand up high which is differant, maybe variable in the species.

cheers
Stephen Vella, Blue Mountains, Australia,zone 8.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal