We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Primula Ron Beeston  (Read 2189 times)

Martinr

Primula Ron Beeston
« on: April 05, 2013, 02:16:41 PM »
Does anyone know the origin or antecedents of P. Ron Beeston? I know the man, I have the plant, now I want the knowledge!

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
Re: Primula Ron Beeston
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 02:38:39 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much, Martin ... if it's only half as delightful as the man himself then it will be worth having!!
See you tomorrow at Chesterfield (North Midland AGS) Show, we hope.
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Martinr

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »
Hi Cliff, it is indeed delightful like its namesake but the last thing I want is an NAS! Chesterfield has some interesting class descriptions for Primulas.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 05:11:21 PM »
I can't find anything specific about it in my Primula literature Martin, it looks like an allionii hybrid to me though. I've trawled through the National Auricula and Primula societies web sites and can't find it all so it doesn't look as though it has gained favour with the showing communities there. Looks a nice enough plant to me.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal