We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: AGS Kent Spring Show at Rainham - Sat 16th March  (Read 4388 times)

Jozef Lemmens

• Alpines, the Gems of the Mountains
Re: AGS Kent Spring Show at Rainham - Sat 16th March
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2013, 08:28:23 AM »
It was once again a splendid show.

Is there anyone who knows something more about Primula allionii ‘Tamara’ (and ‘Emily Jane’) (origin)?
A nursery who is selling this plant or is there anyone interested in exchanging?
Jozef Lemmens - Belgium   Androsace World   -  Alpines, the Gems of the Mountains

Tim Ingram

• Umbels amongst others
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 09:13:24 AM »
I am amazed once again by how much I managed to miss! I notice there was no close up of the 'fragrant' Scoliopsis. Nigel Fuller's Dionysia seedlings do look very special, and when I asked Lee Martin how old Nigel's D. curviflora is likely to be, he thought around 15 years or more - that is a very remarkable feat of cultivation.
Dr. Timothy John Ingram. Nurseryman & gardener with strong interest in plants of Mediterranean-type climates and dryland alpines. Garden in Kent, UK. www.coptonash.plus.com

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 11:31:54 AM »
It was once again a splendid show.

Is there anyone who knows something more about Primula allionii ‘Tamara’ (and ‘Emily Jane’) (origin)?
A nursery who is selling this plant or is there anyone interested in exchanging?

Helpful details from Jon Evans  ( and also, see the AGS website - including pix  of another great Trillium  nivale and a fresh pic from Graham Nicholls!!)) http://www.alpinegardensociety.net/discussion/atshows//KENT+SHOW+th+MARCH+/17018/?page=3   and from Harlow show : http://www.alpinegardensociety.net/discussion/atshows//Early+Spring+Show+Harlow+nd+March+/17074/?page=4

P. allionii 'Tamara 'was raised by Nigel Fuller (- possibly named for his grand-daughter) and is probably only available from him - it hasn't got around much, I'm told
P. allionii 'Emily Jane' was raised by David Philbey ( David is Jon Evans' stepfather and was named for Jon's  neice) and is now grown by several of the exhibitors, but it may not be available
commercially.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:49:23 AM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Jozef Lemmens

• Alpines, the Gems of the Mountains
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 04:01:45 PM »
Maggi, many thanks for you help.
Jozef Lemmens - Belgium   Androsace World   -  Alpines, the Gems of the Mountains

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal