We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: composts  (Read 5038 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: composts
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 07:50:10 PM »
I think that would be difficult Maureen without there being an enforceable national standard that a Trading Standards department could test and measure against.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

ian mcdonald

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 02:28:15 PM »
People power! We are the buyers or not if the product/service is not to our liking. Why do we put up with poor standards in this country. It is only by using the Forums such as SRGC and AGS that the message to the supplier is likely to get action. Suppliers usually ignore single complaints.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 04:24:10 PM »
I'm sure you are correct ,Ian . I would certainly suggest that any letter to a supplier include the link to the likes of this page to show that  the matter is being discussed - and seen by hundreds of people who are all consumers of such products - there is such a thing as bad publicity, I think.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Graeme

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 05:31:01 PM »
People power! We are the buyers or not if the product/service is not to our liking. Why do we put up with poor standards in this country. It is only by using the Forums such as SRGC and AGS that the message to the supplier is likely to get action. Suppliers usually ignore single complaints.
Ian - if you are a casual compost buyer and your seedlings don't come up or your plants don't grow or die - then you probably put it down to anything other than the compost.  - Most people would not have the contacts to get compost analysed properly or even be bothered
I have complained to both Levington's and Wickes and their attitude is we normally don't sell it by the pallet load to an individual and if we do get a small number of complaints we will just give them a voucher to get rid of them.   
"Never believe anything you read on the Internet" Oscar Wilde

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal