We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Gardening Scotland 2013  (Read 12917 times)

ichristie

• Former President
Re: Gardening Scotland 2013
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 04:41:01 PM »
Very well done to the team so many people have made a huge effort for SRGC to win a GOLD is very special look forward to seeing the display LIVE in the morning, cheers Ian the Christie kind
Ian ...the Christie kind...
from Kirriemuir

Richard Green

• Journal Access Group
  • SRGC Treasurer
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »
I have just returned with aching legs from a great day out with great weather and great plants.  Being the Friday it was not too busy to see everything easily.  I am sure there will be some photos up soon, but the Club Stand looked better in real life than on the Forum!

Well Done to those manning the SRGC Stand - the SeedEx surplus seeds were attracting a crowd, as was the display of £1 packets with coloured photo labels.

And of course Well Done to all the Nurseries and Exhibitors for a good haul of medals!
Richard Green - Balfron Station, West Central Scotland

Stan da Prato

• Snapper Stan
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2013, 06:02:46 PM »
the desired medal card held by Graham ; members and non members view the stand and the seed sales and info section.

Stan da Prato

• Snapper Stan
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2013, 06:22:07 PM »
nurseries -Hartside; Hawthorn troughs; Reginald Kaye; John Amand; Macplants

Stan da Prato

• Snapper Stan
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 06:25:45 PM »
more nurseries-Kevock;Harperley; Rumbling Bridge; Border Belles; Primrose Bank
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 06:27:43 PM by Stan da Prato »

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2013, 06:56:44 PM »
Thanks for all those piccies Stan, its lovely to see em like that.  Now I'm off to watch Beechgrove in case they are covering it....
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2013, 07:08:17 PM »
I see that Beechgrove Garden presenter Carole Baxter ( another SRGC member!) is pictured in one of Stan's photos, (* srgc G Scotland 036 ) chatting to Stella Rankin of Kevock - Carole seems to have a polybag in her hand too- been doing a little shopping, I reckon!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2013, 07:24:52 PM »
Very well done the team a truly magnificent effort.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

bainbridges

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2013, 09:43:36 PM »
Congratulations to all; brilliant job from the team and a well-deserved gold medal.  Congrats too to all the SRGC members who got awards for their displays - see Maggie's post. 

Kevock also won the Alf Evans Award for the best alpine display, and special congrats. to Graeme and Hilary Butler who got the 'Best New Floral Exhibitor' award as well as their silver gilt medal!

Thanks all all the volunteers too, who have and will be helping on the stand

Thanks to Brightwater for their generous sponsorship, whic helped to make the display so good!

President Carole (and first manny Ian!)

angie

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2013, 11:44:15 PM »
Well, done folks, what a wonderful display. It was nice to see so many peoples admiring the display myself included.
What more could we have asked for, a beautiful sunny day and lots of nurseries having some lots of little treasures for us to buy.

Angie  :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

FrazerHenderson

• For people, scenery and plants visit Yemen
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2013, 01:10:28 PM »
Saw the display yesterday - even better in person.

The team did the whole club proud - well done to Graham et al.
Yemen, what a country ... Haraz mountains, Socotra, Sana'a, Hadramaut, the empty quarter.... a country of stunning, mind altering beauty...and the friendliest of people.

Stan da Prato

• Snapper Stan
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2013, 06:37:30 PM »
.............................the morning after

Liz Mills

• Immediate Past President
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2013, 09:17:07 PM »
Here's a list of everyone who helped with our display at Gardening Scotland.  Some provided plants, some helped with staging the display, some helped with organising, some manned the stand and some did a bit of everything.  Many thanks to each and everyone.  And please, if I missed anyone out, my memory is getting old and unreliable - but apologies if I have.

John Amand (Amand Bulbs), Peggy Anderson, Sheila Anderson, Carole and Ian Bainbridge, Brightwater Holidays, Sylvia and Garth Broomfield, Hilary and Graeme Butler (Rumbling Bridge Nursery), Billy Carruthers (Binny Plants), Anne Chambers, Ian Christie, Stan da Prato, Ken Dawson,  Helen Donald ,Ken East, Al  Elliott,  Margaret Ferguson, Alan Gardner, Rob Graham, Janet and Alan Hayes, Kath Hendry, Mike Hicks, Cyril Lafong, Sandy Leven, Liz Mills, Netta Milne, Bob Moore, Anthea and Stuart Pawley, Ian Pryde, Trina Rogerson, Lesley Scott, Sue Simpson and George Watt, Sam Sutherland, Jackie Thomlinson, Graham Wenham, and Maureen Wilson.

It was a great Club effort and well worth it.

angie

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2013, 11:26:55 PM »
Well done to you all. You did the club proud.

Angie  :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2013, 03:10:05 PM »
These kind words have been received for the SRGC Team who were responsible for the  wonderful display at Gardening Scotland from Alain Denis, on behalf of our French sister organisation SAJA (Société des Amateurs de Jardins Alpins et de Rocaille):

"I have seen the pictures of the SRGC’s stand on the forum. It’s really a huge work the members have done and the result is well deserved Gold Medal. The blue meconopsis and red ones
(M. punicea I guess) as well as the primulas, Paris and Cyps are wonderful. Very good job and all our congratulations for this award!

Best regards
Alain"

« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:12:16 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal