We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Do wallabies eat Rhodophiala or just jump on them?
SRGC Shows Questions and Answers / Re: Perth SRGC Show 2024
« Last post by Maggi Young on Today at 06:33:43 PM »
Some info from Cyril : " The primula hybrid is ‘Spring Cheer’.  It received a PC last year at the Glasgow show and I was asked to name it.  I asked Carole (Bainbridge) at the Perth show if she had any confirmation about the name but she had not heard yet and was going to enquire.  I attach the notes card that was shown with the plant and a photo of the plant I took the day before."

Thanks, Stan and Cyril for the help.
 Hope that's what you needed  to know, Lawrence!

Galanthus / Re: Galanthus April 2024
« Last post by Mariette on Today at 04:40:33 PM »
Villu, Leena is perfectly right, the combination of ´Amy Doncaster´with the blue hepatica is admirable. Also, the one with ´Marjory Brown´- I guess the blue comes from a chionoscilla?
Flowers and Foliage Now / Re: April 2024 in the Northern Hemisphere
« Last post by Mariette on Today at 04:34:48 PM »
Two more pics from our local bluebell woods.

Lilies of the valley grow together with the bluebells in the wild, also here in the garden.

An Arisaema triphyllum seedling grown from US-seed.

A hybrid between Arum italicum and maculatum with spotted spathe.

Flowers and Foliage Now / Re: April 2024 in the Northern Hemisphere
« Last post by Mariette on Today at 04:15:04 PM »
Interesting shrubs, ruweiss! The scented lilacs are among my favourites!

Leena, I like the white daphne, it looks so much brighter than the ordinary one! The changes of weather may be similar here, though resulting in pics similar to Yours 2 months earlier.

Gabriela, I´m sorry - I changed by mistake Marc´s and Your location for a moment. Of course, zone 5 will be later than zone 7!

Robert, Your garden is as colourful as ours may only be in summer! We don´t know these strong, bright reds, blues and yellows here at this time of the year. Diplacus aurantiacus was a leggy plant for me, indeed, and I wasn´t sorry when it passed away. Erythranthe bicolor is very pretty.

In my garden, the tree peonies are in full swing, this is a hybrid between ´Gessekai´and ´Major Howel´.

Paeonia rockii and its first generation hybrids succomb to the wet condtions here, but my seedlings of ´Gessekai´ pollinated with them do well on their own roots. This is another one from the same cross.

Again a seedling of ´Gessekai´, this time crossed with a nameless white F 1 hybrid of P. rockii. Both the pollinators died.

Common Sandpipers are back along the river.

Marsh Marigolds are in flower.

Siskins were seen on the bird feeders.

A Hare was on the road, as I approached it ran into a field.

Squirrels are regular visitors to the bird feeders.

« Last post by Stan da Prato on Today at 12:08:13 PM »
'Spring Cheer' is  on the label
Meconopsis / Re: Meconopsis 2024
« Last post by arisaema on Today at 11:27:37 AM »
I hope yours germinate next year.

They often did in Norway if sown too late in winter, so I'm hopeful, even if the climate is a bit milder here - x cookei was sown a month earlier and they have germinated from old seeds, if admittedly not very well. It may be that fresh seeds lack deep dormancy?
« Last post by Lawrence on Today at 11:23:07 AM »
Yes that’s the one, Class 47
Galanthus / Re: Galanthus April 2024
« Last post by Leena on Today at 07:43:01 AM »
No matter the heatwaves, it is winter today and everything is covered by snow now! That how hectic this spring is and climate has become (?!).

It is the same here, we got 20cm snow yesterday and everything is white, again! Temperatures have gone up and down this winter/spring like never before.
The past 5 days it's been 10C colder than normal here.

Your picture of 'Amy Doncaster' is beautiful. :)

This is 'Alison Hilary', picture from a week ago, and now they are under snow.
It was planted last autumn, and it is a very small plant, with small flowers. I didn't know that from pictures I had seen. Otherwise a nice plant.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal