We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Forum / Re: Apple iPad, Mac, IPhone Photo resizing.
« Last post by arisaema on May 07, 2024, 04:17:12 PM »
It works for very large files, this picture is 5.45MB:

General Forum / Re: Apple iPad, Mac, IPhone Photo resizing.
« Last post by arisaema on May 07, 2024, 04:15:36 PM »
I have started using https://Imgur.com - it's simple and free, and they have been online since 2009 so I don't think they are going anywhere soon... Once you've chosen and uploaded a picture (top left corner: New Post), hold your mouse over the picture to make three dots visible, click them, choose Get share links and copy the third option called BBCode.

Paste it in your post here on SRGC, and...

General Forum / Apple iPad, Mac, IPhone Photo resizing.
« Last post by Graham Catlow on May 07, 2024, 03:21:55 PM »
Hi, does anyone know of a simple method of resizing photos taken on an iPhone down to the required <200kb that the forum requires without losing quality.
Bulk resizing would be great.
I have tried many times but I either lose quality or they don’t quite meet the required limit.
I would like to stress the words SIMPLE METHOD as I don’t want to be spending too much time doing this.
 Chaenostoma cordatum cv. Snowflake may well be the plant used in the film - but what can that tell us about the plant referred to by Tolkien?! Not a lot, I fear!
proposed Chaenostoma cordatum cv. Snowflake, because of the small flowers

That would be my first guess, it's a widely available garden plant...
Anybody? At the moment one of the other botanical forum I'm in touch with proposed Chaenostoma cordatum cv. Snowflake, because of the small flowers,
narrowing the research to NZ weeds. Here are some pictures https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?place_id=6803&taxon_id=501464
But I'd love to hear what you think of it
Blogs and Diaries / Re: my local patch and wildlife - Ian McDonald
« Last post by ian mcdonald on May 06, 2024, 10:27:20 PM »
After months of cold and wet weather we have had a couple of sunny warm days. The last week has brought a good number of Spring flowers along the river, many of them are invasive, non-native species.

Leopards Bane.

Tuberous Comfrey.

Bird Cherry.

Sand Martins are back for the Summer, along with House Martins and Swallows. No sign of Swifts yet.
Flowers and Foliage Now / Re: April 2024 in the Northern Hemisphere
« Last post by ruweiss on May 06, 2024, 09:23:49 PM »
Some photos from last month:
Galanthus / Re: Galanthus April 2024
« Last post by Mariette on May 06, 2024, 08:51:21 PM »
A wonderful presentation of Your glorious spring-garden, Leena! Its so colourful - in our part of the world hepatica and larkspurs, for example, start flowering at the end of the snowdrop-season. Your climate provides advantages one might envy You for.  :)
What a pleasure to see all these beautiful plants and all the people who
made this event possible. Thank you so much
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal