General Subjects > Flowers and Foliage Now

Paeonia 2024

<< < (6/8) > >>

Stefan B.:
A little more imagination is needed to see the orange color... in fact when it starts to overbloom the color changes to orange, it's kind of reassuring.  :)

P. potaninii ‚Orange-Rot‘

GordonT:
[quote author=Jürg P link=topic=19512.msg434064#msg434064 date=1714117172

Does anybody of you know the name of the following cultivar (I got it under the name of 'Quing Long Wo Mo Chi'); the flowers are most time double, but sometimes also only semi-double as seen on one of the 2 pictures? The plant itself only gets to a height of around 40cm, but I really like the flowers especially when they are only semi-double.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]
[/quote]

Hello Jurg, you might want to ask the folks at Cricket Hill Nursery in Connecticut, USA. They have an extensive collection of tree peonies, far beyond what they list in their catalogue. Many are Chinese cultivars, so perhaps they could identify your impressive plant.

Cheers,

Gordon

Stefan B.:

Paeonia 'Lemon Chiffon'

Paeonia suffruticosa 'Golden Temple'

Jürg P:
It is strange how many names this peony cultivar has:
- Golden Temple
- Golden Temple of Nara
- Souvenir de Maxime Cornu
- Souvenir de Prof. Maxime Cornu
- Kinkaku
- Jing Ge
- Jin Ge
This cultivar was bred in 1907 by Louis Henry, it is the second oldest lutea hybrid - a cross between the species Paeonia suffruticosa and Paeonia lutea.
The problem with this very nice peony is, that the flowers are always hanging down, as they are so heavy (but also beautiful). The influence of P. lutea is not only visible by its yellow colour, but also that it has sometimes not only one flower per stem but a second one below from an leave axil.
I have mine since more than 20 years. It is meanwhile a large shrub of around 1m height and 1m in diameter.

arisaema:

--- Quote from: Jürg P on May 13, 2024, 05:34:51 PM ---It is strange how many names this peony cultivar has:
- Golden Temple
- Golden Temple of Nara
[...]
- Kinkaku
- Jing Ge
- Jin Ge

--- End quote ---

It's lovely, I grew it years ago, and I need to find it again! All the Japanese and Chinese names above are basically the same, 金閣, directly translating to Golden Pavillion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version