We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Auriculas  (Read 733 times)

Missushaddock

Auriculas
« on: September 17, 2022, 10:45:09 AM »
I have just picked up half a dozen new Auricula varieties from Abriachan nursery on Loch Ness, including: The Sneep, Teem, Toffee Crisp, Tummel, Butterwick and Queen Bee. They have more varieties on offer but are selling fast. My collection was mainly unnamed border types in the open garden and sinks and pots of doubles from the Rumbling Bridge stable including Blackjack, Lunar Eclipse and Purple Pip. The pots are on a North wall and sit on wire staging covered by an old double glazed panel in our central Inverness garden. In the Winter they move to the unheated greenhouse.
I've been trying some crosses and getting my first seedlings coming up now.
Anybody else got an interest in Auriculas?

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
Re: Auriculas
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 10:56:25 AM »
We used to be members of NAPS (National Auricula and Primula Society) not sure if they are still going or if they have a Scottish branch. Might be worth investigating.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

Missushaddock

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 11:12:05 AM »
Thanks Shelagh, I was viewing a post on here re the Scottish Auricula Society which said that they had a show last May in Sauchten walled garden, Edinburgh. I wonder how that went?

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 04:42:19 PM »
Thanks Shelagh, I was viewing a post on here re the Scottish Auricula Society which said that they had a show last May in Sauchten walled garden, Edinburgh. I wonder how that went?

Reports on the Saughton Show : https://thecaley.org.uk/auricula-primula-show-2022/
    https://thecaley.org.uk/primula-auricula-show-bench/?fbclid=IwAR1hXuepP3pJcngMbelsFjOOmO33g0kVg9mWIyNQV6kzyyujcYQREJ0SNU0

And from stan da Prato on Facebook, starting here: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=3175465326060588&set=pb.100007914554512.-2207520000..           quite a number of photos from the show.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 04:52:05 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Missushaddock

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 05:29:52 PM »
Thanks so much Maggi for posting up the Auricula info., and great to hear the Caley Auricula and Primula show was a roaring success and will be back on next year!  Brilliant photos of the beautiful floral exhibits (I especially like the pic with the mug of tea 🍵) it really made my day 😀

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal