We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: April 2021 in the Northern Hemisphere  (Read 13605 times)

cohan

• forest gnome
Re: April 2021 in the Northern Hemisphere
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2021, 07:38:46 PM »
I also grew P. mistassinica in a large container for a while Cohan, but I realized it would like more space to self seed and so I planted it in a naturally wet area in the garden.
Even in the wild it grows mostly by itself (or with other small size species), so it makes sense yours didn't like to be overwhelmed by other plants.
Otherwise, it is quite easy, super hardy and it flowers very fast.

I meant to get it planted out, just didn't have any spots wet enough! What I intended was to sink a large pan to hold moisture-- I got as far as prepping a space, but never got it done! lol

cohan

• forest gnome
Re: April 2021 in the Northern Hemisphere
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2021, 07:43:52 PM »
I need to visit more often, especially at this time of year-- I miss so much, so quickly :)
Love that Townsendia! and definitely have Cardamine envy :)
Nice Corys, Leena, they are just getting going here.. I have some cava and a mix of solida/ornata from garden seed.. now they are starting to pop up in unexpected places, I will really have no idea what is what!

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal