Bulbs > Galanthus

Galanthus November and December 2007

<< < (54/55) > >>

Martin Baxendale:

--- Quote from: mark smyth on December 30, 2007, 03:06:49 PM ---Below is plicatus 'Colossus' and below that a snowdrop bought a couple of years ago as plicatus 'Cotswold Farm'. I believe they are the same

--- End quote ---

Mark, they certainly look very similar. Are they both flowering now? The late Ruth Birchall's garden at Cotswold Farm is only a few miles away from Colesbourne, here in Glos., where Colossus originated, so it's quite possible Ruth might have got it from the Elwes's.

Gerard Oud:
Rob they are almost as big as tulips, and i know how tulips look like.
I never thought a snowdrop could grow that big.

ArneM:
I think North Green has to high prices for some drops. I do not collect snowdrops for a long time but these prices are definitely too high like £17.50 for Mrs Thompson :o . Elsewhere one can buy it for ~ £10.00.

loes:
Arne,

I think you misunderstand about a cheque.it goes like this:
you get (online)to your bank and say it`s a ausland paying.then you fill in the amout in pounds and only give the name and address of the person you send the money to.your bank sends money to England and there is a cheque made with the amount on it and is send to the person involved.
that person can collect his money at his bank.so no cheque-paper of yours is send,only a paper in England.afterwards the amount is collected of your bankaccount and some money for the costs involved(being the change euro`s/pounds and costs for sending the cheque in England.those costs were 11,50 euro`s for me lately).
so your parents only pay their own bank!

ArneM:
Great Britain should adopt the Euro. Then there were no problems and fees for a bank because we could use an easy bank transfer with IBAN and SWIFT/BIC.  ;D

Back to reality: The UK did not adopt the Euro and so I have to send cash for snowdrop orders from the UK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version