Bulbs > Galanthus

Galanthus November and December 2007

(1/55) > >>

mark smyth:

This snowdrop reginae-olgae 'Sophia' has only just emerged in the last couple of days. I'm not sure it should have been named

snowdropman:
Mark - be patient with this one, maybe it needs a while to settle down in your garden - I think the 'Snowdrops' book is spot on when it describes 'Sofia' as a "magnicent clone" - it is certainly one of my favourites.

Mine are in their second year and, with very upright tall scape & large, quite heavy looking, flowers, they have been flowering now for 3 weeks and still look superb - added bonus this year is that several bulbs have also thrown up twin scapes.

snowdropman:
Mark - looking at your photo again, I have to say that I would not immediately recognise it as g. reginae-olgae subsp. reginae-olgae 'Sofia'  - I note also that you are spelling it 'Sophia' - is it possible that what you have is not the correct snowdrop?

mark smyth:
I didnt check the label. I have had it almost two years now and it has flowered for the first time

mark smyth:
'Peter Gatehouse' a lovely pre Christmas flowerer, as in mid to late December,  is days away from opening

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version