Specific Families and Genera > Iris

Ennealophus Problem !!!

(1/2) > >>

Hans J:
Hi all ,

I have a interesting news for the genus Ennealophus genus
Before some years I have received from a friend from Netherland seeds of Ennealophus fimbriatus ....the seeds germinate and the plants grows well ...( this seeds came originally from a botanical garden in Netherland )

Before some days I had a interesting talk ( via email ) with a member of PBS.... he told me that all Ennealophus fimbriatus in trade are wrong named ( he had it tested several time with seeds from different sources ) always comes up :
Ennealophus euryandrus

He had also seeds tested from my plants - they are also wrong...so I must tell all here who have received seeds from me that the name is wrong - I'm really sorry !!!

Ennnealophus fimbriatus seems to be very rare !

I'm also not sure if the plants who distributed from Jim Archibald are correct named ....
If anybody knows a source for the correct named plants this would be great :)

I have now written a new label and corrected my data base

With best wishes
Hans

MarcR:
Hans,

I am very pleased to have Ennealophus euryandrus. I thank you for them again.
Ennealophus fimbriatus are much harder to find but before you gave me these, I had neither.

Hans J:

--- Quote from: MarcR on March 26, 2023, 01:43:08 PM ---Hans,

I am very pleased to have Ennealophus euryandrus. I thank you for them again.
Ennealophus fimbriatus are much harder to find but before you gave me these, I had neither.

--- End quote ---

Hello Marc ,

yes ..I remember that I have sent you seeds

It is fine that you are lucky with my seeds ...but for me is it unpleasant to know that I have sent out to my plant friends wrong named seeds

Maybe anybody here will read it and can us help with correct seeds

Best wishes
Hans

Hans J:
in meantime I have searched a bit for pics ( it is difficult because there are many wrong pictures )

But I have found now a good source for a picture of Ennealophus fimbriatus :
http://www2.darwin.edu.ar/ImagenesIris/Ennealophus%20fimbriatus-FOZ-10134%20(7).JPG

There is also a picture of Ennealophus euryandrus
http://www.darwin.edu.ar/ImagenesIris/Ennealophus%20euryandrus-CZ-879%20(1).JPG

I think now is clear to see :)
Hans

fermi de Sousa:
Hello Hans,
Thanks for those pics - at least I know that what I have as Ennealophus euryandrus is correct! E. fimbriatus looks lovely and would be a great addition to the collection. Good luck with sourcing it,
cheers
fermi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version