We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Yukiwariso  (Read 3967 times)

Sarc

Yukiwariso
« on: May 27, 2010, 12:26:39 PM »
G'day members,
I fell in love with these beautiful flowers on my trip to Japan. There, they are called Yukiwariso, meaning popping through the snow. It is apparently extremely rare here in Australia. I would be gratefull if any members can offer me some seeds.
Regards, Vu

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Yukiwariso
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 11:57:43 PM »
Hello Vu, good to have you join us.
These Hepaticas or Yukiwariso, are delightful.... little wonder they ennchanted you!
Good luck on finding some seed .
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 01:09:29 AM »
Vu,

Where are you in Aus?  I can probably send you a few seedlings if you're interested. I'm growing a bunch of them from seed from various people on the forums here who have been generous enough to send me seed.  I'm happy to share some of the results. 8)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Sarc

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 01:35:42 PM »
Thank guys,
I had a few messages from locals here in Melb. Special thanks to Femmi annd Otto. Otto was kind enough to give me a fine nobilis. I also feel extremely lucky to receive my purchases from Gunhild today. Lots  and lots of seeds to germinate.
Many thanks to all my new friends,
Vu

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal