We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Pleione albiflora, coronaria, scopulorum  (Read 8179 times)

enrico

Re: Pleione albiflora, coronaria, scopulorum
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 08:40:45 AM »
Hi Thoms,

thanks, you give me some hope  :) I'll try with another 5-6 emails  ;)
Pisa, Italy

ThomasB

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 10:06:45 AM »
Just discovered that Pleione scopulorum is offered for £ 6.99 (though sold out now) here. I can't tell anything about this shop as I don't have any experience so far.
Germany - Middle of Thuringia (Zone 7a)

JPB

• My plants
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 01:38:10 PM »
Just discovered that Pleione scopulorum is offered for £ 6.99 (though sold out now) here. I can't tell anything about this shop as I don't have any experience so far.

It strikes me that everything is out of stock, even the regular ones... ??? Other genera are out of stock too, but prices are more realistic. BP 6.99 is extremely low priced for a scopulorum... 
NE part of The Netherlands. Hardiness zone 7/8

Maren

• Maren & Pln Tongariro
    • Heritage Orchids
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 02:41:13 PM »

It strikes me that everything is out of stock, even the regular ones... ??? Other genera are out of stock too, but prices are more realistic. BP 6.99 is extremely low priced for a scopulorum...  

If you don't mind me saying, £6.99 is neither here nor there if there is no stock. :-X :-X :-X

I look forward to the time when someone reports that they bought a P. scopulorum for £6.99, that it was flowering size, clean, and that it was indeed scopulorum.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 02:44:32 PM by Maren »
Maren in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom - Zone 8

http://www.heritageorchids.co.uk/

Slug Killer

• Koolplants
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 07:04:16 PM »

Nice way of getting traffic to your website by offering items you don't have and never will at that price.

Mine have gone backwards after dehydrating a little last year but still had two flower this year. I have three one year flasks which I'm trying to grow on a while longer before de-flasking but I fear the flasking part is easier than when they are out.

Graham Catlow

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »
I think I will just be patient and wait until I can guarantee what I order is what I will receive.
Take care with those David, I will be waiting.
Bo'ness. Scotland

Alex

• Oxford, U.K.
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 11:02:39 PM »
I bought scopulorum from Crustacare this year. I've ordered from them here and there over the last 9 years, and everything has been really excellent. They belong to that fairly small group of nurseries from whom you *know* you'll get very good stuff - it shouldn't be that hard, but apparently it is! This group also includes Butterfield's and Maren's nursery, in my experience.

Perhaps I am one of the rare people who has grown all Pleione spp. except P.vietnamensis. P. scopulorum is on lists fairly frequently to be fair, and I've been very lucky to get one or two coronaria. One has produced lots of top bulbils which actually grew on OK this year, so I really hope I have some trades quite soon.... The albiflora came as chunii or something (take your pick!) from Chen Yi some years ago, actually to my Dad rather than me, but I persuaded him it was better off in my hands. Unfortunately, it wasn't so I don't have this any more; it perished with many others in a year of neglect for all Pleiones (had to move out for a month in Summer, tried to keep up but difficult). Having tried these, the one I actually find really difficult is scopulorum. I'm lucky to get a flower the year after purchase. I think I may be overdoing the much-mentioned Winter water, but who knows.

erf

• PleioneWorld
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 09:23:42 AM »
Poul, Is there any  hope that I could be added to your list. I am a bit new on the Pleiones (2 years) but has been in to hot growing orchids (bulbophyllum, areangis and angraecum) for the last 15 years. For the last two years I have tried to build op a collection of Pleiones. Primarily bought from British and German nurseries and from Ebay.
Regards Erling
cbc35863586
For Pleione pictures, have a look at https://www.facebook.com/PleioneWorld
or find me at www.pleioneworld.dk

Graham Catlow

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 08:32:06 PM »
A little late but as I had hoped Santa sent a P.scopulorum via Ian Butterfield today. :D It came with a P. x barbarae and a P. x taliensis. :D :D Well no point in buying one and paying postage when you can buy three with free postage.
And, after all, why buy one when three will do ;D
Who was it that said there's always room for one more. That would be me when my wife asked 'where will you put them' ;)

Now I've headed into natural hybrids - where will it end :-\

Perhaps I shouldn't have received that catalogue!!!
Bo'ness. Scotland

angie

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
Graham you sound like me  ;D ;D

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

Graham Catlow

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 10:00:58 PM »
Angie,
You me and hundreds of forumists :)
Bo'ness. Scotland

angie

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 10:14:58 PM »
Yep you are right.  ;D ;D ;D

Angie :)
Angie T.
....just outside Aberdeen in North East Scotland

ThomasB

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 10:02:47 AM »
I received my order from Ian Butterfield this week but still I do look into the catalogue thinking about why I didn't order Kenya 'Bald Eagle' or Orizaba 'Fish Eagle' for example. Guess that gives me something to desire till the new catalogue is out.  ;) ;D
Germany - Middle of Thuringia (Zone 7a)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal