We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Where I grow my pleiones or Restoring a Victorian Greenhouse  (Read 7727 times)

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
Re: Where I grow my pleiones or Restoring a Victorian Greenhouse
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 08:49:26 PM »
An impressive job, well done Maren !
At least when looking at the last picture, it must be a relief for you to see that you have even more "opportunities" when your half is full of Pleiones...  ;)
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

Maren

• Maren & Pln Tongariro
    • Heritage Orchids
Re: Where I grow my pleiones or Restoring a Victorian Greenhouse
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 09:49:51 PM »
Oh Luc, it's full already. I may need to install some double decker shelving as I did in the Little Greenhouse, see picci. Trouble is, I would probably knock my head every time I want to reach what's underneath.

Looking at the picture reminds me of the early days when it was full of vegetation. I was cutting it down and reaching forward to get hold of a wayward branch when my foot didn't find solid ground and instead I stepped straight into a very deep water tank that I didn't know existed. Well, it was January - no more work was done that day. My right leg was pretty frozen by the time I got home. How we laughed .....

I later found out that each greenhouse has a galvanised water tank hidden under a bench, 1m x 1m x 1m deep, all interconnected. What a good idea. But one of them leaks, so all leak. Oh well, can't have it all!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:43:47 AM by Maren »
Maren in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom - Zone 8

http://www.heritageorchids.co.uk/

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal