We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Ophrys helenae  (Read 1714 times)

Hristo

Ophrys helenae
« on: February 18, 2009, 06:08:14 PM »
Hi there,
Simply a show and tell, O.helenae flowering on my SW facing windowsill!
Have played cupid and shall now hope for some seed to plate and to scatter around
O.scolopax in the open garden! We live in hope  ;)
Hristo passed away, after a long illness, on 11th November 2018. His support of SRGC was  much appreciated.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Ophrys helenae
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 06:14:10 PM »
Welcome Hristo! Good to have you join in too. The Rakia isn't here, so you Bulgarian migrants must have already scoffed the lot!  You will need to stock up before  all the SRGC types come visiting..... 8)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Hristo

Re: Ophrys helenae
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 08:35:57 PM »
Hi Maggie,
Well I guess if they like Whisky......... The Rakia really harks back to the days of the illicit still, my neighbour has her own wee copper stil, I have spent many a happy evening after work in the nursery/garden is finished butchering Bulgarian ( language )and driniking Rakia with her!
Can't beat a good springs days work, then off to photopgraph the local wildflowers, Rakia and shopska salata as the sun sinks over the mountains!  8)
Hristo passed away, after a long illness, on 11th November 2018. His support of SRGC was  much appreciated.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal