We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Pans of Pleiones  (Read 9186 times)

Tim Harberd

Re: Pans of Pleiones
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 08:58:15 PM »
Hi There,
   I’ve finally got round to ‘’publishing’’ a list of my father’s collection. One of the most difficult parts of the operation was selecting a Top Ten. For example, this delightful cultivar, is probably No. 11! It’s P. Stromboli ‘’Senorita’’
   If you’d like a copy of the full list, (52 cultivars, all illustrated, with some background info.), I’ve managed to condense it into a 2MB PDF. Send me a PM with your email address.

Tim DH

Tim Harberd

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 04:24:09 PM »
Dear Maggi & Co.
   Thank you for your assistance in dispersing my father’s pleiones. Twenty nine of his cultivars are now in the care of one or more new guardians. I did wonder, when it came to the crunch,  how I’d feel about selling (some of) the family silver, but my only regret is not being able to fulfil more of the requests.
   Some of the new guardians have been very accommodating/forgiving of my less than perfect administrative skills, but I think, in the end, everyone is reasonably happy.
   In recognition of  the Forum’s role in facilitating this plant distribution, I decided to investigate the ‘donate’ options shown at the top of the screen. I think the options are best explained by the ‘Support of the SRGC’ thread on the Galanthus pages.

Happy New Year!

Tim DH

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 06:01:06 PM »
Tim, true to his word, has done exactly that and has made a generous donation to the SRGC.

I am so pleased to hear that Tim has been able to find new homes for the plants of his Father,  of whom I have happy memories of  exchanging letters and getting plants and good advice many , many years ago.

Your magnanimity in making this gesture of support for the SRGC is  greatly appreciated, Tim, as are your kind words here. l

Thank you!
M
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Tim Harberd

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2017, 06:54:12 PM »
Hi Folks,
   Since the 2013 distribution of my father’s material (referred to in this thread) I’ve had a few enquiries about whether I might repeat the process.
   I’ve decided to do the same thing again this year. I won’t be producing a new catalogue, I’m not offering anything new! These are all tried and tested varieties. I will produce an updated covering note about making requests.
   It is my intention to collect requests up until Christmas… and post out the pseudobulbs early in the New Year.

Please contact me on axcx26ATdsl.pipex.com (only replace the AT with an @) for a copies of the catalogue and the covering note.

Tim DH

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal