We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Wild Orchids Safari in Sardinia - presentation  (Read 1567 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Wild Orchids Safari in Sardinia - presentation
« on: January 17, 2015, 06:18:04 PM »
‎We have received this note about an "orchid safari" holiday in Sardinia  - this was sent via the website - I do not know about the company , I am merely passing on the information

Name: Paola Parigi
Email: info@casetabarkine.com

Wild Orchids Safari in Sardinia - presentation

"Good afternoon,

I am a holiday houses manager in Calasetta, a small town in south west Sardinia, Island of Sant'Antioco, connected to main Island Sardinia by a bridge and located 1,5 hours driving from Cagliari Airport.

I would like to submit a special offer for your members for the "Wild orchids safari" on our Island, at a very fair price, for March and April.
The offer includes a weekend accommodation, one excursion with an english speaking guide to wild orchids, with pocket lunch and soft drinks and some other facilities for a very fair price (you will find details on my website: http://www.casetabarkine.com/the-island/wild-orchids-safari/).

My island is full of wonderful landscapes, amazing wild nature, archaeological heritage and unique traditions.

Out of the touristic mainstream, it is very peculiar and, due to the lovely weather, is the perfect destination for a low season trip for nature devoted travelers.

One of the not widely known "must see" is the wild orchids flowering that start in February. More than 50 species of wild orchids grow on the Island; in March and April we have the more interesting number and variety.

I hope you are interested in evaluating to share with Garden Club members this opportunity for a short trip to Sardinia.

Some low-cost airlines have direct flights from UK to Cagliari so that the trip itself would not be very expensive.
I would be pleased to guest two of you from the Garden Club of London, during February, in case you'd prefer to come for reconnaissance.

Please do not hesitate to ask, should you need any further information, I will be pleased to give all the details.

Meanwhile, please take a look to my website, Case Tabarkine and in particular, to the Wild Orchids Safari page: http://www.casetabarkine.com/the-island/wild-orchids-safari/
Please find attach a PDF version of the offer's brochure.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Paola "
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal