We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Dactylorhiza sambucina - a fabulous variation of the yellow form  (Read 7423 times)

art600

• Travels light, travels far
Re: Dactylorhiza sambucina - a fabulous variation of the yellow form
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2013, 10:34:56 AM »
Speechless
Arthur Nicholls

Anything bulbous    North Kent

Gert Hoek

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2013, 04:33:25 PM »
As a supplement - M.Fiedor, one of polish professional orchidologist (and the owner of the website, whose link - the first one, I presented last week) sent me today a couple of pictures from NE Czech Republic (still Silesia). Dactylorhiza sambucina photographed by Czech colleague E.Chmiel frome one side, where this kind of plants occurred since years. Only because orchid  fans care well about this place and plants are under good protection, we can still enjoy them. No more information will be given about this place and I'm really very glad for given me a permission to show them here (Marek - thanks once again!!).  - but this is definitely this species.
Regards -
Kristof

What a great color form, the yellow and red one!!!!
Grows alpines below sealevel

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2013, 02:49:57 AM »
This colour form must be replicable so it's only a matter of time before seedlings appear?
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal