We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: my garden  (Read 2387 times)

VIEIRA

my garden
« on: June 28, 2007, 01:36:41 PM »
hello!
 fotos my gardem and plants ;D

VIEIRA

Re: my garden
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 01:37:59 PM »
 ;D ;D

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 09:16:37 PM »
Blue sky! Sun and shadows! What are these things? We are very wet here in Yorkshire. Your garden gives us a reminder of summer Vieira.
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 11:52:53 PM »
They do indeed Anne, mid winter here and very cold and frosty following a lot of snow last weekend. Today is grey and rainy as well, so a good day for staying indoors so far as possible.

I'm wondering how our Midlands members, Mick and others, have been faring in their floods. I hope everyone's OK.

Jorge, what is the purple flower in the third picture, the one with little yellow flakes on the upper petals?

The last in that batch is, I think, Ipomea learii, a glorious climbing plant but a rampant weed unless it's cut back hard by frosts. In parts of the upper South Island and in the far north, it clambers over everything in sight including our native forest so is a problem there and I also saw it in full flight on a train trip down the Blue Mountains in Australia.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 07:28:40 AM »
Lesley
I think you're referring to the Water Hyacinth, a noxious weed in many parts of the world but sold as an ornamental in many places! It has been banned in Australia.
I had to read your message twice as I identified the last pic as Bouganvillea "Scarlett O'Hara" ! But then I realised you were referring to the last pic of the first batch and yes it is a rampant weed in Australia as well! I prefer the annuals!
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Mick McLoughlin

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 10:24:59 AM »
Thanks for the concern Lesley,
There has been localised floodings all around Hemsworth. Our house is on a hill, if we get flooded ones below us are in serious trouble. The firm I work at was cut off in Sheffield on Monday night. About 15 people trapped inside, would have been 16 but I'm at home recovering from an operation, everyone OK though as far as I know. More storms forecast for tomorrow.
Cheers
Mick
Hemsworth, West Yorkshire

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal