We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Can I pay to forward seeds from YUZAWA ENGEI?  (Read 1711 times)

Jeffnz

Re: Can I pay to forward seeds from YUZAWA ENGEI?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2022, 11:32:59 PM »
But are seeds classified as plant material?

partisangardener

• Luther Art
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2022, 07:06:50 AM »
He sells only plants. I personally would classify seeds as plant material. So are crops and  wood. Both imports inflicted massive damage to local ecosystems.
Laws are not always logical. ::)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 08:02:18 AM by partisangardener »
greetings from Bayreuth/Germany zone 6b (340 m)
Axel
sorry I am no native speaker, just picked it up.

partisangardener

• Luther Art
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2022, 09:13:25 AM »
If you get seeds you might like to know whats written in this article.
https://cdnsciencepub.com/doi/10.1139/b05-027
I am still waiting for the arrival of seeds from Japan.

edit by maggi to add :
Abstract of that paper....
In Japan, the herbaceous perennial Corydalis ambigua Cham. et Schlecht. occurs in Tohoku and Hokkaido, where it grows in deciduous woodlands. Seeds have an underdeveloped embryo that is physiologically dormant at the time of dispersal in late May. In laboratory experiments, embryos did not grow when kept continuously at 5 °C or at alternating diurnal temperatures of 25/15 °C. However, following warm stratification at 25/15 °C, they grew at 15/5 °C and continued to do so at 0 °C. Radicles emerged after a relatively long period at 0 or 5 °C, following warm stratification at 25/15 °C and then incubation at 15/5 °C. Embryos began to develop in autumn in seeds under near-natural conditions in a metal frame-house, and they had grown to an average of about 90% of their full length by December. Beginning in December, the seed coat split, exposing the endosperm, and in March both the radicle and the cotyledon emerged under the snow or immediately after snow melt. Dormancy in seeds of C. ambigua is the same as that in seeds of Hydrastis canadensis L., which has been described as a special type of deep simple epicotyl morphophysiological dormancy.Key words: Corydalis ambigua, embryo growth, morphophysiological dormancy, seed germination phenology, underdeveloped embryo.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 07:03:24 PM by Maggi Young »
greetings from Bayreuth/Germany zone 6b (340 m)
Axel
sorry I am no native speaker, just picked it up.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal