We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Mrs Trellis of north Wales  (Read 4462 times)

FrazerHenderson

• For people, scenery and plants visit Yemen
Re: Mrs Trellis of north Wales
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2023, 07:20:12 PM »
Letter 28

Dear SRGC,

Thank you for the advice. We’ve weighed up the various pros and cons, as you suggest, of burying or cremating our dog but have now decided to let it live.

On other matters, I’ve received a query from Mrs Stephens (formerly Miss Evans, you'll recall) who after recently installing a prefabricated wildlife pond noticed that it had grown a leek and wants to know if this is usual.

Yours wantonly,

Mrs Trellis
Secretary
The Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Hairdressing, Dog Grooming, Beachcombing and Gardening and Hand-wringing Club.

Yemen, what a country ... Haraz mountains, Socotra, Sana'a, Hadramaut, the empty quarter.... a country of stunning, mind altering beauty...and the friendliest of people.

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
Re: Mrs Trellis of north Wales
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2023, 02:22:36 PM »
Letter 28

I’ve received a query from Mrs Stephens (formerly Miss Evans, you'll recall) who after recently installing a prefabricated wildlife pond noticed that it had grown a leek and wants to know if this is usual.

Dear Mrs Trellis,
I would say that in your part of the country it would be highly usual. In an effort to prevent them it might pay to install a gopher.
cheers
From a Land Down Under
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal