We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Latest IRG Index,  incl. for IRG151, online  now  from Ashley  at this  link ....
https://www.srgc.net/documents/irg/IRG-Index.pdf
- many thanks, Ashley -
Flowers and Foliage Now / Re: August 2022 in the Northern Hemisphere
« Last post by shelagh on August 07, 2022, 12:00:17 PM »
What a beautiful Echinacea Herman, I must look out for that one.
Amaryllidaceae / Re: Haemanthus 2022
« Last post by ashley on August 07, 2022, 11:30:06 AM »
Very nice John.  First flowering is always exciting after a long wait :)
The foliage is attractive too, and in due course you may have a seed crop.
Crocus / Re: Crocus to identify? Post them here....
« Last post by fermi de Sousa on August 07, 2022, 11:09:05 AM »
My friend George got this crocus as something else (C. serotinus salzmannii)!
It's in flower now (end of winter in Australia).
Any ideas on what it is?
cheers
fermi
Bulbs General / Re: DRYAD NURSERY SUMMER LIST
« Last post by annew on August 07, 2022, 08:27:31 AM »
Our FINAL listings until summer 2023 finish tonight!
This is the last chance to add the new DRYAD snowdrops to your collection:
Tall, snowy white DRYAD BLIZZARD with no green markings at all as befits a true poculiform.
DRYAD CERBERUS will keep you on the edge of your seat wondering how many flowers per scape it will produce this season, while enjoying its robust habit and multiple scapes per bulb.
DRYAD ZEUS with its bold lightning streak down the outer segments.
DRYAD TERPSICHORE in contrast with the more formal shapes of many varieties will bewitch you with its fluid shapes and impression of movement.
MELTSAS, the new Estonian double has the green feathering and neat emerald inners appropriate to its namesake Green Woodpecker.

Look forward to a joyful spring with one of our true miniature daffodils, each a gem you will want to see up close to appreciate the fragrance:
Earliest in flower will be the hoop petticoats – the sumptuously rolled rim and perfume of PALLENE, and the rich ivory cream of PANDIA.
Brian Duncan’s prize-winning GREAT TRY is in complete contrast with its bold colours and perfect exhibition form.
The two little white trumpets comprise the refined MISS POPPY, and the cheeky TODDLER.
Delicate and demure SWEET PETITE with its beguiling nodding flowers in white and lemon, is in contrast to the slightly larger PEACH TWIST with twisted perianth and peachy tint.
SWIFTLET’s sparkling palest lemon flowers with slicked-back perianth completes the cast.
You can find our final listings here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dryadzny/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Good luck and thank you to all our bidders!
Even Meconopsis seems to like hot summers there.
Picture from an hour ago.

This grasslike leafs are Gladiolus palustris seedlings which grow on most islands.
The original seed source of this strain is from a natural site near Augsburg in Germany. Propagated in a friends garden for many decades. The bulbs are quite big by now and the first leaf dies back.
Amaryllidaceae / Re: Haemanthus 2022
« Last post by johnw on August 07, 2022, 12:52:21 AM »
In flower for the first time here. Haemanthus humilis ssp. humilis ex good pink form SABG 2016 #17, donor John Evans

johnw
Blogs and Diaries / Re: Plants, Ecosystems, Climate – Northern California
« Last post by Robert on August 06, 2022, 07:26:18 PM »

I am sure everyone in Europe is familiar with Fireweed, Chamerion angustifolium ssp. circumvagum.

Within its native habitat Fireweed is very conspicuous when in full bloom.

Some forms of Aquilegia formosa can bloom for long periods of time. Many were still in bloom when I visited this site.

Lonicera conjugialis is a deciduous shrub with inconspicuous flowers that open in the early spring. The red berries of this species can be very attractive. It is still too early in the season for the berries to color fully.

Helenium bigelovii is another commonly seen species at this site.

I will be posting more photographs from this trip.
Blogs and Diaries / Re: Plants, Ecosystems, Climate – Northern California
« Last post by Robert on August 06, 2022, 07:23:33 PM »

I had an opportunity to visit the Sierra Nevada Mountains in early August. Previously my intent was to visit a high elevation site within the 2021 Caldor Fire burn scar, however this area is closed to the public. My life is now occupied with new projects, so visiting another location worked perfectly.

I started out at an elevation of 6,400 feet (1,951 meters). Precipitation in our region was highly irregular this past season, however the totals for the whole precipitation season ended up near average. Snow cover days were below average, so the drying season started sooner than average. All this being said, the area was still reasonably moist and there were many wildflowers in bloom.

Anaphalis margaritacea (white flowers) and Drymocallis lacteal var. austiniae (yellow flowers) are pictured above.

Solidago elongata is a very common perennial species at this elevation. Most were still in the peak of their blooming cycle.

Lupinus polyphyllus var. bukei is another very common species at this elevation. Good forms of this species are very attractive when in flower.

Spiraea splendens is a fairly compact deciduous shrub. The pink flowers are very beautiful. During the autumn the foliage generally turns bright golden yellow, however I have observed forms where the foliage turns red and red-orange in the autumn.
Flowers and Foliage Now / Re: August 2022 in the Northern Hemisphere
« Last post by Herman Mylemans on August 06, 2022, 12:29:54 PM »
Helenium 'Fuego' PBR
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal