We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Snowdrop Survey - 2021  (Read 1005 times)

Gail

• So don't forget my friend to smell the flowers
Snowdrop Survey - 2021
« on: September 26, 2021, 10:13:15 PM »
I have agreed to do a Snowdrop booklet for the Hardy Plant Society, along the same lines as their Peony booklet and others (https://www.hardy-plant.org.uk/publications/booklets). The aim is to have a general guide to growing snowdrops and to include varieties that are good garden plants, neither too hard to obtain nor too expensive for non-galanthophiles. I was thinking I'll do a survey of gardeners' recommendations of good garden varieties etc., so, if you have 5 minutes to spare, I would be grateful to anyone who could let me know what grows well for them by following this link;

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/M6YHXHR

I'm not sure how long SurveyMonkey gives me free access so fairly prompt replies would be useful...

Many thanks
Gail
Gail Harland
Norfolk, England

Michelle Swann

Re: Snowdrop Survey - 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 10:35:03 PM »
I am just having an article proof read, which I wrote for a new snowdrop community website.  All the snowdrops are grown in the garden.  I will be postin the article in the next few days if that is any use x.

Gail

• So don't forget my friend to smell the flowers
Re: Snowdrop Survey - 2021
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 07:57:45 PM »
Absolutely, thank you Michelle, and thank you to everyone who filled in the survey - it was lovely to get responses from as far away as Australia. Now I've just got to write it up!
Gail Harland
Norfolk, England

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal