We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Galanthus for the garden  (Read 3706 times)

Harald-Alex.

Re: Galanthus for the garden
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 04:36:30 PM »
Just back from Nettetal here my captures:

1 Trumps
1 Spindelstone Surprise
3 S. Arnott
1 nivalis poculiformis
3 Pots each with a clump of Scharlockii
1 pot full with woronowii
2 regina-olgae 'Tilebarn Jamie'

Hallo Hannelore, this is a rich capture of interesting snowdrop varieties, You got from Nettetal! I think the autumnflowering G. r.-o Tilebarn Janie will surprise You in october-november with flowers! My collection of G. r.-o rised from 1 to 8 from 2017 to 2018! and the fun too!

In all I spent 123,50 Euro, so I'm really content and I think I can now add some early spring eyecatchers to my garden (as soon as the soil is no longer frozen).

Hannelore
"Im Innersten... pulst das Bedürfnis nach Mitfreude anderer" Karl Foerster 1969

Harald-Alex.

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 04:54:44 PM »
Just back from Nettetal here my captures:

1 Trumps
1 Spindelstone Surprise
3 S. Arnott
1 nivalis poculiformis
3 Pots each with a clump of Scharlockii
1 pot full with woronowii
2 regina-olgae 'Tilebarn Jamie'

In all I spent 123,50 Euro, so I'm really content and I think I can now add some early spring eyecatchers to my garden (as soon as the soil is no longer frozen).

Hannelore
Hallo Hannelore, this is a great catch in interesting snowdrops varieties, You got from Nettetal! I believe, You get a big surprise, when You look in october-november in Your garden, when the G.r.-o Tilebarn Jamie flowers. Last year I had one autumnflowers, this year eight! From 2.10.2017 till now I have now flowers in my garden. By the way, this evening 18.2.2018 in MDR Sachsenspiegel 19.00 Uhr (and later by MDR Mediathek) there comes a video about my snowdropgarden! Greetings Harald Alex

ruweiss

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 09:47:28 PM »
Hello Harald-Alex, thank you for the link. It is nice to see you and your
garden life.
Rudi Weiss,Waiblingen,southern Germany,
climate zone 8a,elevation 250 m

Harald-Alex.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2018, 11:37:04 PM »
Hello Harald-Alex, thank you for the link. It is nice to see you and your
garden life.
thank You Ruweiss, for Your comment and that You like the videa of Sachsenspiegel about our snowdropgarden. I and my wife like it too and there was some visitors from around to see the procedere of film-making! (Foto 1).
In 3.3.2018 we start here the first Snowdrop-bustour from Döbrichau and visit also other places in Krokuskirchhof Wildschütz, Snowdrops in the Glacies of Torgau, my garden and aloung the new Lutherway to Herzberg at last the "Schneeglöckchenpark Uebigau".
And nearby from here 20 km in 10.3.18 the Pfarrgarten Saxdorf opens with many snowdrops, crocus, chionodoxa, scilla and other to the "Day of open garden" and Hagen Engelmann from Cottbus speakes about his newest snowdrop-varieties!
Today afternoon I found a special-formed G nivalis flowerstem (Foto 2) What do You think, it is a scharlockii Type?
The 3. Foto a comparision is to see of the small native G. nivalis and one of my G,elwesii-selections. Greetings Harald alex

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal