We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Bulb log April 11th  (Read 1112 times)

Darren

Bulb log April 11th
« on: April 11, 2012, 12:27:57 PM »
Ian,

A great read as always!

Useful advice about the Trillium seed. I managed to harvest a substantial amount of seed from Trillium nivale last year ( I crossed divisions from 2 different award winning clones) and I was a little disappointed to see no signs of life despite the seed being sown fresh. Upon investigation the seed is still intact and looks healthy but has not yet shown any inclination to germinate. I will be patient for another couple of years!

Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

Mavers

Re: Bulb log April 11th
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 01:21:22 PM »
Wonderful Erythronium Ian.

Your first picture is an image I'm aiming to achieve in my own garden. I'm allowing most of spring woodland plants I grow to self sow in the garden this year & hopefully I will have a garden as beautiful as yours....... eventually.

Shade/woodland plants & bulbs are my passion. I crossed Trillium Albidum with a purple flowering form of T. Kurabayashii or perhaps it was chloropetalum I'm not sure which, about 5 years ago & some of the plants look like flowering for the first time this year. I'm hoping to get some pink - light purple blooming plants.

It's a great hobby isn't it?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:25:53 PM by Mavers »
Mike
Somerset, UK

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Bulb log April 11th
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »
It's a great hobby isn't it?

Isn't it just?  Gives so much... challenges, frustrations, satisfaction, comradeship, therapy of all sorts....yup,  it's the BEST!!!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal