We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Log 27 : 4 July 2012  (Read 1088 times)

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
Log 27 : 4 July 2012
« on: July 07, 2012, 09:50:08 AM »
Great to see development of the troughs over time.  I have had similar experiences with plants of mismatched vigour!  I find it difficult to site Kabschia saxifrages as they scorch very easily here but without enough sun they don't flower well.  I wonder if the Saxifraga cochlearis  minor in your trough is actually Saxifraga paniculata minor, I do not find the Sax cochlearis over-vigorous, the plant pictured below is perhaps 10 years old.   Nice to see the globularia in the last shot, reminds me of Globularia cordifolia which I photographed in the Alps on the day the Log went live! 

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
Re: Log 27 : 4 July 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 11:02:28 AM »
Great to see the Globularia in its homeland Tony thanks for sharing it here.
It looks much better on the sunny mountain side than it does in wet Aberdeen. >:(

As to the Sax I could not argue as I am just a lover of them and not an expert.

I have both plants and remember pulling bits off to plant the trough pictured and could easily have remembered wrongly which it was when writing last week's log. :P

I have just been out in the rain to check the leaf shape of the plants and well spotted Tony you are correct.

Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal