General Subjects > Wisley Alpine Log – Feedback Forum

Wisley Alpine Log- finale

(1/10) > >>

Buck Gardener:
Edit by moderator:  Posts from two other threads have been drawn together here to consolidate the comments about the ending of the Wisley Alpine Log. These were read by more than 600 people before the move of the posts to this thread.

I recently discovered these wonderful logs. I'm a gardener in a rock garden in New Jersey. The winters can get a little slow and we need to find diversions to pass the cold days (though this year we are getting very warm weather and so are out in the garden much more.) Anyway, it's been a pleasure reading the logs and enjoying the beautiful photographs. I gobbled up all of them in a few days.

My question is will there be any more? I see the last one is from October. Hope all is well with Paul.

Thank you.

Maggi Young:
Greetings Buck Gardener !
So pleased you have both discovered and enjoyed the Wisley Logs.

http://www.srgc.net/site/index.php/features-mainmenu-47/wisley-alpine-log/wisley-alpine-log

Sadly there will be no more of these for the time being. Things are very busy at Wisley and the RHS hierarchy has decided that there is not time for Staff to participate in this form of outreach.
This is a matter of great regret to us and we hope that at some point in the future Paul will again be allowed to share his reports on the happenings at Wisley and continue to showcase the work of the Staff of the Alpine Department there.

I hope that Paul, in his private capacity, will be able to thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

Lesley Cox:
Welcome to the superb SRGC Forum Buck. If you've finished the Wisley Logs, have you yet discovered Ian Young's Bulb Logs and the fantastic International Rock Gardener series? Heaps to occupy the time and the mind on those. If you troll through the Main Index then the Forum Index, you'll find all kinds of amazing stuff, glorious photos and helpful information as well as the occasional giggle. You may never have time to garden again. ;D

BryanEmery:
So sad! I loved the Wisley updates.

B

David Nicholson:
Shows the limited thinking of the RHS hierarchy. Seems that limited thinking is rife in English horticultural organisations!

Hope to see you back Paul, I,ve enjoyed them and missed them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version