General Subjects > Travel / Places to Visit

Branklyn Gardens, Perth

(1/4) > >>

FrazerHenderson:
I had hoped that would have been a string onto which I could have placed these photographs, however, searching the Forum has only shown Branklyn 2008. I've therefore not attached a year reference so that additions can be made over time and the need to create new strings will evaporate.

Just a few shots from 26 Sept 2009 - mainly of the screebeds. I really like this garden but feel that it is becoming how should we say, perhaps a little too plump and that some plants and areas could do with thinning out. It's only a snall criticism of an otherwise great garden - and it was good to see it being enjoyed by folk on a bright sharp September morn.

FrazerHenderson:
..and more scree..

FrazerHenderson:
..and that's it.

cohan:
nice garden indeed! looks like you could spend some hours there discovering the individual plants...

whats the general approach for scree--are plants expected to reach soil several inches below the gravel? is it a clean gravel or would you use the kind of 'road gravel' that has some clay in it? or....

Ragged Robin:
A lovely atmos in this garden, Frazer, which you portray in your photos with soft light - the scree bed is magic and I particularly like pic 4522 - can you tell me what the plant is?  The old stone troughs are very attractive and add to the scene - am trying to think where it is in Perth...is it near the river Tay?  When I next go to Scotland I will make a point of going, and to St.Andrews Botanical Garden, encouraged by you  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version